Limiting Sniper shots

True... cover arc.

600m is max range. Get closer if possible, ideally under HQ command with stealth or combat bonus. I usually try for 400m.

Place cover arc over T-34s. Widen it some if no infantry around. Sharpshooters take a long time to reload, so I think you will only get two shots per turn max. So, going through a lot of ammo is really not a worry. You can hide him next turn to conserve if necessary.

I find thta sharpshooters can normally wander about the battlefield quite unmolested - if you do not run them but simply move you should be fine up to 200 metres possibly depending on the terrain. And leave him to find his own targets generally as he will not waste shots apart from important targets.

An HQ is daft as it will not make much difference other than the enemy will spot the HQ from a much greater distance and try to kill it - waste of an HQ.

• 4 weeks later...

"An HQ is daft as it will not make much difference other than the enemy will spot the HQ from a much greater distance and try to kill it - waste of an HQ"

If your sharpshooter doesn't plan to wander,

an HQ (Hiding nearby) can give him quite an

edge...HQ Combat bonus makes him more accurate,

Stealth bonus makes him almost invisible...

even when he shoots.