Ahhhh, HELP! Please?

Hey, I just got Combat Mission 3 BB second hand, and well it's previous owner (my cosin, the bastard made me buy it off him) lost the manual (and the box, and the cd case, and pertty much everything else cept the cd), and well, I read all the tactics and stuff, but I still have a few questions. So it'd really mean alot if someone can ask a few of my simple (but probably stupid) questions.

1. There is no one BIG campaign which spans the whole of the german invasion? If yes, how do I access it? Right now I can only find the operations, or is that it?

2. I've read tactics on how to ambush tanks, but they seem to be regarding 1-3 tanks, in some of the battles, it seems that the Germans are attacking with 15-20 tanks.... :confused: and I only have a few AT guns and a few AT rifles (like the rifles do anything anyway). And obvoiusly, I get my arse kicked up and down the map by these mass tank assults. Can anyone direct me to reading material or give me some tips?

3. When trying to supress tanks with small arms fire (to get them buttoned up), do u target the tank or teh area the tank is in? And wouldn't that subject the supressing team to reveal its location?

4. When u do the hull down command, do u just set a waypoint in a possible location and the tank itself will automatically hull down there? Or do u have to click right on the spot it has to be? I can never actually hull down properly for some reason (probably cos I'm crap).

5. If say a AT gun is subject to heavy fire from tanks (I mean like 15 tanks), and the dude panics and runs away but the gun is not destroyed, is it possible for the dude (onc his rallyed) to go back and operate the gun again? Does this also apply to tanks? And if the guy can go back and reoperate the tank/gun, does that mean even if its abandoned its a good idea to blow it up so the enemy don't go back and use it again?

Thanks for ur help

Jesse

Originally posted by ciphrix:

Hey, I just got Combat Mission 3 BB second hand, and well it's previous owner (my cosin, the bastard made me buy it off him) lost the manual (and the box, and the cd case, and pertty much everything else cept the cd)

umm, yea, sure....

1. There is no one BIG campaign which spans the whole of the german invasion? If yes, how do I access it? Right now I can only find the operations, or is that it?

Combat Mission is a battalion level tactical wargame. It is not an operational or strategic game. If you are interested in higher level games, try Russo-Germam war or TOAW.

2. I've read tactics on how to ambush tanks, but they seem to be regarding 1-3 tanks, in some of the battles, it seems that the Germans are attacking with 15-20 tanks.... :confused: and I only have a few AT guns and a few AT rifles (like the rifles do anything anyway). And obvoiusly, I get my arse kicked up and down the map by these mass tank assults. Can anyone direct me to reading material or give me some tips?

I believe there is an online strategy floating around somewhere. And BFC sells a printed guide.

3. When trying to supress tanks with small arms fire (to get them buttoned up), do u target the tank or teh area the tank is in? And wouldn't that subject the supressing team to reveal its location?

target the tank and yes, the team firing their weapons may reveal themselves. It depends on many factors, such as distance, what type of cover the firing unit has, weather conditions, what FOW setting you are using and many other things.

4. When u do the hull down command, do u just set a waypoint in a possible location and the tank itself will automatically hull down there?

I think that is the idea.

I can never actually hull down properly for some reason (probably cos I'm crap).

Practice. give it time and you will get the hang of it.

5. If say a AT gun is subject to heavy fire from tanks (I mean like 15 tanks), and the dude panics and runs away but the gun is not destroyed, is it possible for the dude (onc his rallyed) to go back and operate the gun again?

No, the dude is done for the day and so is the gun. Just move the crew to a safe place to wait out the rest of the battle. Do not use the crew in assaults, this is not very historical and a dead crew is worth more points to the enemy than a live crew sitting in a patch of woods safely to the rear.

Does this also apply to tanks? And if the guy can go back and reoperate the tank/gun, does that mean even if its abandoned its a good idea to blow it up so the enemy don't go back and use it again?

No.

However, in an operation, some tanks may be repaired. i havenot played an operation in CMBB yet, so maybe someone can help us out. but I do think it is possible for tanks to be repaired if they were not knocked out and possibly used in the next battle of the operation.

As I said, though, I am not sure.

Originally posted by ciphrix:

Hey, I just got Combat Mission 3 BB second hand, and well it's previous owner (my cosin, the bastard made me buy it off him) lost the manual (and the box, and the cd case, and pertty much everything else cept the cd),

And the hotmail address just seals the deal.

I remember on Hallowe'en my best friend at the time had a twin brother who was sick. He asked for extra candy at all our stops, explaining that his brother was sick and could he please get an extra for him. I think he gave up after the first 10 houses or so.