Mods Posted - Camo Sd.Kfz. 251/1

I've uploaded camo versions of the Sd.Kfz. 251/1 by Andrew Fox to CMMODS

Those of you who checked out the preview thread for these mods may notice some slight differences in the camo on the release versions. I decided to tweak the camo a bit before I uploaded them.

Here's the obligatory screenies.

Bicolour

------------

Flesh_Bicolour_251_1_2.jpg

Hasty

------------

Flesh_Hasty_251_1_2.jpg

Tricolour

------------

Flesh_Tricolour_251_1_2.jpg

Tricolour Splotch

------------------

Flesh_Splotch_251_1_2.jpg

just downloaded and looked at them in play.

I have put in the Hasty one.

Cool u just started and already do such good work, u sure learn quick.

I'm hopping your modding-madness will last us a few more mods anyhow's, to do all the SPW's...?)))

(they all need adjusting to the new colour sceme's, they do...)

Think u are doing a great job Flesh,

Love those options to choose from.

[ July 04, 2003, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

Those are extremely fine looking mods there Flesh. The problem is I can't figure out which one I like best. I guess I've got to try the hasty one, although the tri and bi ones are excellent too. No, it's the hasty one for me. :D Thanks Flesh and we do appreciate your work and talents. It really helps the feel and looks of an already outstanding playing game. Oh and if I may also be so bold to state since you are so good on half tracks what are the chances of you doing them all. redface.gif;) Hey you can't kill a person for asking - can you? :D

These are superb mods Flesh. I got your Tricolour Splotch (is that the official German WWII name for this scheme? :D ) as the 251-1 and your Hasty as the 251-2. For anyone else wanting to do this simply re-number the bmp's as follows:

13380 to 13800

13381 to 13801

13382 to 13802

13383 to 13803

13384 to 13804

13385 to 13805

13386 to 13806

13387 to 13807

13388 to 13808

13389 to 13809

...... and delete or otherwise remove 13390, 13391, 13392.

Hey Presto you have a much needed 251-2 mod!

Guys, thanks for your comments. smile.gif

It's interesting how people's tastes vary, i.e. everybody seems to pick a different favourite camo scheme when given a choice.

theike and Lee, I'd certainly like to mod the other German HTs. IIRC Andrew said that he might do plain versions of the other ones. If he does, I'll probably camo them. If not, I might port the textures for his plain 251/1 to the other HT's so that I can camo them.

That's if he doesn't mind, of course. ;)

Limey, thanks for the tip. smile.gif

Also, I seriously doubt that "Tricolour Splotch" is the official German name. Actually, that camo scheme reminds me a bit of some of the German uniform camo schemes, such as the famous "splinter" pattern.

Yes, Limey, thanks for the tip; i have got two Flesh mods from one post now... smile.gif

And cool flesh...u trying to do all of them.

In a month ore so u can take a look at how many time's each mod got downloaded. Then youll know exactly witch of the 4 versions gets liked most.

I have Tricolour and hasty in now.

[ July 04, 2003, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: theike ]

Two for one? That's a heck of a deal. Thanks for the idea Limey. Keep us posted on your progress Flesh. Now that we have your two mods here the others are sure going to look poor. It would be great to have all HT's looking this good.

Vader's Jester, isn't that Blanar's Panther in the middle of that pic? I don't think I've seen the HT on the left before. Is it a CMBO mod?

BTW I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Is this positive or negative feedback?

Positive. I always like mods that go well with others. smile.gif I cant remember who did the 251/2, but the Panther was originally made for the early A model, and I did a few minor tweaks to make it fit a diffrent Panth. I like Gordon's Panther A mono that he did shortly after CMBB's release, so I had to make the mod in the pic fit a diffrent Panther because I liked it so much. Besides, the Panther A has been modded 672 times while the others are mostly ignored. Same goes with the Tigers.

The 251/2 was released for CMBB very early after the game's release. I belive it is still at cmmods database.

[ July 05, 2003, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Vlader's Jester - that 251-2 does look nice but I think I would rather have AF's work as the base model.

Are you saying you converted Blanar's Panther A to a different version Panther? and if so can I have it PLEASE :D Seriously, could you post it to cmmods maybe with Blanar's permission?

Originally posted by Limey:

...and if so can I have it PLEASE :D Seriously, could you post it to cmmods maybe with Blanar's permission?

Yeah, it's his Pather A mod on the next or second to next generation Panther (can't remember what model I decided to tweak it to to fit).

I'll get an e-mail to him and try to have it posted up in a day or two (or as soon as he gets back to me).