Execution penalty?

No, you will lose the extra points for captured units. Yes, live prisoners give you extra victory points. POW's left behind (or left unguarded) can indeed be liberated or flee (the enemy would have to move other troops near the location of the POW's). They will rejoin the fight (i.e. can be controlled by the player who owned them earlier), but will be unarmed.

Martin

Originally posted by 5TH_HORSEMAN:

Can I shoot prisoners without a penalty? Are live prisoners more valuable than KIA's. What happens when I leave prisoners behind? Can they rejoin the fight?

There are more points to gained by taking them prisoner as you can interrogate them for info and your Fog of War drops by a factor of 2.

But If they escape, which I hope they do from you, they are unarmed but are raised to Ninja (one level higher than Elite) and you know nothing. Try the search function thoughtfully provided for more info.

[ November 10, 2003, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]