CMMOS questions

I have no idea what EAW Stab is. CMMOS (Combat Mission Mod Option Selector) is a tool for installing mods, and selecting options for a single mod or across multiple mods. For instance if you have the corresponding mods installed you could select Czech markings for all your "Russian/Allied" vehicles, or set all your Panzers to have Nazi flags as aerial recognition panels.

Gordon

ok I have downloaded all the stuff I need I think. For example I am getting everything for CMBO (wrong forum Im sorry but its started here) anyhow, how come even though I have only downloaded one mod (for the jeep) other mods are also colored in but I cannot select them? Sorry Im not using tech terms but Im very computer stupid lol. Any help is greatly appriciated.

CMMOS is Gordon's creation for Combat Mission ( greatest thing since sliced bread BTW ). What you need to do in order to use it is to download the Main CMMOS file & Rulesets ( they're self extracting & installing ) & since you're using it for CMBO; you download the CMMOS mods that you want & extract the BMP's into you CMBO BMP folder. When you've done this you'll be able to change the appearance of vehicles etc. in the game.

It doesn't have anything to do anything with scenarios. Just download scenarios that you want & put 'em in your CMBO scenario folder.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, my next question was going to be about if I put them in my CMBO BMP folder.

I have downloaded all the rulesets and quite a few mods and I think I have the jist of how it works and exactly what it does. Thanks for all the help. I guess the only thing I wish it had was an icon telling you what mod you had installed and working at the moment. All it tells you is what mods you have. But a great program non the less.

[ December 12, 2003, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: LC- ]

Thanks guys, my next question was going to be about if I put them in my CMBO BMP folder.

I have downloaded all the rulesets and quite a few mods and I think I have the jist of how it works and exactly what it does. Thanks for all the help. I guess the only thing I wish it had was an icon telling you what mod you had installed and working at the moment. All it tells you is what mods you have. But a great program non the less.

Originally posted by Oldblood:

And, hey!

Sorry to interupt LC-...

I guess I have to, but it didnĀ“t hit me until now.... Do I need CMMOS to get extra scenarios?

Thanks!

Come on. Have you even looked at the CMMOS program? Believe me, this question is kind of silly. But to answer your question--NO.

LC--I understand. CMMOS is a lot easier with CMBB, but figuring it out for CMBO took some messing with--at least for me. Remember, not all Mods are CMMOS compatible. As far as the Icons that you see, the limitation is that you have to remember what Mods, or ,for example, divisional markers you've "applied". The way that I use CMMOS is by evaluating the armor/infantry I have for a scenerio/operation and then going to CMMOS and applying the Mods that are the most relavent or desirable--then trying to kick some ass. Remember, no matter what your tanks look like, it's still nice to see them taking "enemy" tanks out.

And I'd like to give a "high five" (remember, kids could be reading this) to the developers of CMMOS and the Mods compatible with the program. Having control over Mods like this is absolutely awesome. I've definetly enjoyed it in CMBB and CMBO.

Cheers