Covered arc behaviour: measurements/answers

Originally posted by Doodlebug:

Question.

The manual specifically states that trucks and the like are not considered armoured vehicles for the purpose of covered arcs. The AI would therefore ignore the truck in a cover armour arc. Did you manage to test the fate of the truck and Pak in a straightforward cover arc situation? Apart from that query really excellent work and the effort is appreciated.

Meh I don't understand? But as long as the PaK has cover armor the truck is safe. Without cover "armor" the truck is several ways of dead.

edit: I am horribly drunk, but the guys below (GAJ) might make sense. Hooray.

[ June 27, 2003, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Ligur ]

Originally posted by Doodlebug:

Question.

The manual specifically states that trucks and the like are not considered armoured vehicles for the purpose of covered arcs. The AI would therefore ignore the truck in a cover armour arc. Did you manage to test the fate of the truck and Pak in a straightforward cover arc situation?

Wow - well done for seeing that in the manual... I completely missed it (I mean, its only there in highlighted italics, what do you expect? :rolleyes: )

It specifically says "very light armoured cars", bur doesn't really help you understand exactly which those will be.

The interpretation someone else on another thread gave was "something that can't hurt the AFV with the arc".

So - this was specifically tested & reported in my first post:

</font>

• A "cover armour" arc will not cause an AFV to open fire on a halftrack that has no gun that could hurt it (this was described in a recent thread, and completely suprised me!)</font>

... well, I didn't try a truck or a jeep, but I'm sure it would be the same.

Funny isn't it: a cover armour will cause an AFV to open fire more readily on some distant tough targets, but less readily on closer weaker targets! No wonder it took some discussion & testig to figure out!

I think we have it figured out, finally, though, and it all makes sense!

[ June 27, 2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]

WOW! Excellent work and so useful. A sincere thanks for your efforts. Truely informative. Could you like do a book? ;) I'm impressed and very pleased to know all this as I am just getting ready to play this game. Just finished the manual last night and don't remember a 1/32 of it and sure didn't pick up all this. Great job, just great.