That killer panzershrek ...

Wow ...

In a recent game against one of my PBEM adversaries I drove a platoon of Valentine IX´s through open terrain with some patches of wood.

Yeah, I know I should have recced with infantry, but ...

One of his panzershreks, hiding in the woods, scored five succesive hits on two of my tanks, killing both. Not even one miss. Distance was sumthing around eighty meters.

I never saw this kind of marksmanship with a shrek. One or two hits, sure. But five in a row ?

:eek:

Originally posted by Scheer:

Wow ...

In a recent game against one of my PBEM adversaries I drove a platoon of Valentine IX´s through open terrain with some patches of wood.

Yeah, I know I should have recced with infantry, but ...

One of his panzershreks, hiding in the woods, scored five succesive hits on two of my tanks, killing both. Not even one miss. Distance was sumthing around eighty meters.

I never saw this kind of marksmanship with a shrek. One or two hits, sure. But five in a row ?

Sounds like a veteran or crack shooter with a good combat bonus HQ nearby -- and a bit of good luck.

I've bagged four tanks in one turn with only one miss at 120m using that combo before -- it's rare, but it does happen.

Do you have a series of screenshots to immortalize the moment?

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Sounds like a veteran or crack shooter with a good combat bonus HQ nearby -- and a bit of good luck.

I've bagged four tanks in one turn with only one miss at 120m using that combo before -- it's rare, but it does happen.

Do you have a series of screenshots to immortalize the moment?

Steve [/QB]

Originally posted by Scheer:

One of his panzershreks, hiding in the woods, scored five succesive hits on two of my tanks, killing both. Not even one miss. Distance was sumthing around eighty meters. I never saw this kind of marksmanship with a shrek. One or two hits, sure. But five in a row ?

Well, I can't speak for the Panzerschreck , but in the mid to late 60's I was qualified on similar M72 and Carl Gustav AT weapons. I certainly was average in my fire team, but I scored 5 in a row on the Carl G. and 4/5 on the M72 at 100 yards.

IMHO, it's not that tough a shot at 80 meters, however, I was on a range and not under fire, which is bound to have a distracting effect on the shooter. ;)

Regards,

Badger

Actually Kingfish that Schreck ( remember the game actually, quite an interesting one) got 7 of the tanks ( 1 Stuart and 6 SHermans)... I had editted the scenario to give the schreck 7 rounds.

So, 100% hit rate obtained due to sniping of TCs, obfuscation by opening up with an infantry platoon at the same time as I sniped the TCs and some nice shooting from the schreck unhampered by return fire ( which was hitting the infantry platoon and was reduced in volume due to the number of SHOCKED Shermans).