Is this just me?

's probably one of those cases of the occasional inverted polygons on the 3d model.

Nah, only kidding. 's a rare MK III prototype of the Hungarian Stealth Tank, with the psilocybin-powered cloaking field generator mounted on the turret. Due to problems caused by the vast amounts of energy this beast consumes, this prototype only bends light around the turret, giving it an edge in hull-down fighting. None survived the war, the vast majority of them we're lost when the Zjolzislhztkjyn Research facility was destroyed by the Klingons.

It's not a shortcoming of the engine but rather an issue with certain video drivers (thanks again NVidia) and Z buffer ordering.

Basically the drivers get confused and place the hull area behind the mesh BEHIND the background sky graphic instead of in front of it, in essence the ORDER in which the textures are drawn gets switched and you get the issue you see above where the sky shows in between the mesg gaps.

It only occurs with the Toldia in CMBB and we didnt have the time to spend to play with the mesh graphics to get it resolved although it should be possible, perhaps by increasing the amount of "mesh" material shown in the texture.

Madmatt

[ February 16, 2003, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Originally posted by oneirogen:

Nah, only kidding. 's a rare MK III prototype of the Hungarian Stealth Tank, with the psilocybin-powered cloaking field generator mounted on the turret. Due to problems caused by the vast amounts of energy this beast consumes, this prototype only bends light around the turret, giving it an edge in hull-down fighting. None survived the war, the vast majority of them we're lost when the Zjolzislhztkjyn Research facility was destroyed by the Klingons.

Glad you told me that i was getting worried it may be a bug.I will rest easy now.

Thanks