Worth buying for casual gaming?

Originally posted by Hellmut:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by meter:

Hellmut- This same thing happened to me only it was about three years ago and I am trying to remember how I fixed.

Did you completely remove/Uninstall the demo?

Yeah i use CCleaner which is a great tool for tidying up the registry. Matt form tech-support got back to me and said that there is a huge chance of it being down to my new gpu.

I'm at a loss now </font>

I had never heard of a system being too good to run a game. Many many times the other way, but never before this way. This has given me some concern then as well, as i am getting ready(already ordered and enroute) to purchase a new graphics card. Does this mean that what I hoped would be a great 3-d experience will crash when I get the new card in here? ugh, you are worrying me.

Originally posted by Hellmut:

Yes the game looks like it would be great if I could get it to run.

The problem is that I’m running very modern hardware (not vista though) and when I installed the demo last night all the words were blank from within the game.

I thought “Ok troubleshooting page

Applied the relevant fixes………..no good

Added 98, Me compat to the exe file no good.

Put the game back to original state, minimized and then full screen……….

Game crashes and no alt/ctrl/del or alt tab will exit.

“Computer recovered from a serious error” was my welcome message on restart.

ARGH!!!!!! I haven’t seen that for ages.

Oh well back to the old drawing board then..

:(

You've probably learned this already, but CM doesn't like anti-aliasing. Turn that off on your video card's menu, and you will be bale to see the text in-game.

Originally posted by abneo3sierra:

Well, works great with my new vid card. Not really better other than a hair faster, than before. But a relief.

Good for you mate nice one, what vid card have you just installed?

@Meter...........yes mate tried that one, no help whatsoever. Its the big crash that scares me