best first operation?

My PBEM friend and I have played lots of scenarios and QBs, but for some reason never an operation. I'm curious to see how reserves and a potentially shifting map change the strategy. What's a good operation for first-timer operation players (but veteran CMBBers) and why? I guess I've always been wary of the scale of operations and don't want to put that much energy into an operation that turns out to be poorly balanced or something.

Suggestions?

Dr. Rosenrosen

Without a doubt, Blitzkrieg on the CD.

Dergatchi Roadblock comes in a close second.

Der Manstein Kommt, from the Stalingrad pack, is an awesome bowl of fun, but the more experienced player should take the Germans.

[ August 15, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

Originally posted by Becket:

Without a doubt, Blitzkrieg on the CD.

Dergatchi Roadblock comes in a close second.

Der Manstein Kommt, from the Stalingrad pack, is an awesome bowl of fun, but the more experienced player should take the Germans.

Totally agree! Blitzkrieg is an excelent PBEM operation to start with!

We started Blitzkrieg after such a positive response. I'll let you know how it goes, but by all means keep those suggestions coming. We're always interested in having more options once we're done with this game (or perhaps having a couple going at once).

I was looking at one called Mobile Defense, which I also believe is on the CD. Anyone tried that one?

Dr. Rosenrosen