McMMM

Thought I might start a new thread just on this subject as this program is not working for me and perhaps someone will respond to my problem if under the correct heading.

My problem is that when I try to install a mod I get an error message "can not open file D:/Program Files/CM...etc.

Here is a message from the log :

ALERT: *** WHOA unmodded BMP with existing entry in ModdedBMPName: NOT GOOD!

It appears that D:\Program Files\CMBO\bmp\17569.bmp will be a new BMP

It appears that D:\Program Files\CMBO\bmp\17570.bmp will be a new BMP

It appears that D:\Program Files\CMBO\bmp\17571.bmp will be a new BMP

It appears that D:\Program Files\CMBO\bmp\17572.bmp will be a new BMP

It appears that D:\Program Files\CMBO\bmp\17573.bmp will be a new BMP

It appears that D:\Program Files\CMBO\bmp\17574.bmp will be a new BMP

Saving baseline...

Unzipping mods...

Then I get the error message can not open file D:/...etc.

Just tried again and got this message

... applying Mod: extracting BMPs, saving baseline as required...

Looking up baseline...

Unzipping from D:\Program Files\CMBO\SdKfz 7.zip

(It appears that 4560.bmp has been modded before...

ALERT: Database inconsistency: cant recover, sorry! :-(

Saving status for CMBO

... done

Saving status for CMBO

... done

Saving status for CMBO

... done

I get the very same type of errors unless I put the actual .zip files inside my .BMP folder and mod from there.

I've emailed Martin (author) about it a few times and he says that it shouldn't work that way since most people save their mods to other places for obvious reasons.

I just played around with it, and I can't even use a "Mods" sub-dir of "BMP", get that error, but if I put the zip right in the BMP folder, it works fine. All paths are set correct for the game in McMMM (Mic Yummmmmm)

I've been using McMMM all the way through the beta versions and have never seen this problem....(although it obviously exists).

I have just tried with the latest version with my mod directory in a seperate location from my CMBB bmp dir (as I normally do) and have had no problem.

I have also tried with my mods located in the CMBB bmp dir ... again I cant reproduce it.

Lou2000

sdk mentioned in another thread that he also uses winrar as his primary archiver. I do also, maybe that's a key? I wouldn't think so - I'm guessing that McMMM (Mic Yummmmmmm) has it's own zip utility in it - but what do I know?

:D

P.S. Lou, haven't seen you at The Proving Grounds in a while, miss you over there! Stop by and visit us, you'll like all the updates that have been added.

McMMM does have its own zip utility: it's a Delphi ZIP component, and I don't think this is the cause of the problem.

At face value, it appears that the "Mod Directory" setting is not pointing at the folder

where you have the Mod.

The instructions are very specific about this:

McMMM looks in the directory where you told it your mods are going to be. Don't use the "Open Mod" dialog to search around and select Mods from directories other than the one McMMM is expecting to find the Mods in. If you do, McMMM will get upset later. Sometime soon, McMMM won't even let you do that.
You can check this is the problem you are experiencing: go to the "Game To Mod" tab, double click on the game you are modding (looks like CMBO for SDK), and make sure that the CMBO Mod Directory is pointing at the place where you have put the Mod.

If this is not the cause of the problem, then what I need is a "McMMM bug report".

Here's how you do it:

1) Exit & restart McMMM

2) Select the "Debug" option from the "Help" menu

3) Cause the problem to happen in as few mouse clicks as possible.

4) Select the "Bug Report" option from the "Help" menu.

5) Follow the instructions, which tell you where to find the bug report file and mail it to me!

Thanks!

GaJ.

(SDK - can you try emailing me again. Bigpond is dropping emails like mad. Maybe try mgregory@ieee.org)

[ December 05, 2003, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]

Hi all - I too, have experienced this problem, but only with Tanks a Lot's building and terrain mods. When I attempt to view the BMPs with MCMMM (whatever version), the pictures shown will either be those of whichever mod was successfully viewed last, or no picture at all if I try to view one of Tanks a Lot's mods right after firing up MCMMM. Unfortunate, but I still love MCMMM - I suppose if I was really inclined I could just overwrite the relevant BMPs myself...

Ok, after protesting to GaJ that I had the correct directories selected, I in fact did not have the correct directories selected. redface.gif

I kept reading it as asking for the directory where the game is installed and the directory where the BMP folder is. Of course, it's asking for where the MOD folder is that contains the mods. Duh.

I've asked GaJ to add this to the instructions for dum-dum's like myself:

THE FOLDER WHERE YOUR ZIPPED MOD FILES RESIDE, NOT THE BMP FOLDER FOR THE GAME!

He replied that he'd do even better and not let you select a directory where no zip files reside (I believe is what he said....it's really been a long day, ok?)

So anyways, that cleared up the problem that I was having which is very similar, if not identical to what sdk is having.

I have got this program working now and yes me too ! Did not tell the program which folder to look for mods in just directed to the folder when loading a new mod.

One question though I can not get a preview picture like that shown in the instructions. It looks like the JPEG is defaulting to AcDsee a program I use a lot.

McMMM uses the default Windows program to view any kind of file that is in the Mod Zip if you select that file then click on the "Open" button.

It sounds like this is how SDK's default JPEG program is getting activated.

The picture in the McMMM preview is the result of using the "Examine Contents" button - rather different.

GaJ.

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Hey GJS, i just downloaded the latest version and i think its great but, can i ask you one favour? Can you make it so that we can select multiple mod folders, cause i would like to create subdirectories to organise my mods, btw some time next week i'll be posting my card!!

Thanks for the great work!

Yes, I need to do this.

Unfortunately, the assumption that the Mods will be in one place is a bit built in to McMMM right now, so its not a quick-fix.

It will be done though...

GaJ.

I think McMMM is the best Mod organizer yet devised, and I also will send a card shortly, but I do have one problem. There are a couple of mods I have loaded which don't show up when I run the game. The T34/M43/76mm, the AFV which is found in the scenario Borisovka Station is the main example. I have loaded mods of both the early and late versions, but when I go to the scenario it is still the same old generic graphic that came with the game. Each time I chose one of the alt. turret designs by checking the box, but nothing changes. Any ideas?

Originally posted by Zip:

I think McMMM is the best Mod organizer yet devised, and I also will send a card shortly, but I do have one problem. There are a couple of mods I have loaded which don't show up when I run the game. The T34/M43/76mm, the AFV which is found in the scenario Borisovka Station is the main example. I have loaded mods of both the early and late versions, but when I go to the scenario it is still the same old generic graphic that came with the game. Each time I chose one of the alt. turret designs by checking the box, but nothing changes. Any ideas?

Can you send me an email telling me

- The scenario, and where I can get it

- The mods you are using, and where I can get them

- A "bug report" from McMMM: use McMMM to examine the contents of one of the Mods, then do "bug report" from the "Help" menu and follow the instructions.

But first you might want to check if the season of the Mod matches the season of the scenario: if it is a winter mod it won't show up in summer etc...

GaJ.