ASL scenarios

No ? all scenarios i´ve downloaded so far are ultra large with hundreds of tanks and units standing on a flat plane with almost no cover. i know such scenarios are available for cmbo too but there are much more smaller ones with far mor possibilities ....mostly the asl conversions , thats why i asked for them !

Originally posted by Skolman:

whats your opinion on the scenario qualitiy between cmbb and cmbo ?

My best work by far has been in CMBB. There are many more options for the designer in CMBB as well. My strong impression has been that the quality of scenarios in both content and "production values" is significantly higher.

I don't find your question particularly useful outside of context, though. Could you give some examples? How do you usually play CM scenarios?

Scott

Originally posted by Skolman:

No ? all scenarios i´ve downloaded so far are ultra large with hundreds of tanks and units standing on a flat plane with almost no cover. i know such scenarios are available for cmbo too but there are much more smaller ones with far mor possibilities ....mostly the asl conversions , thats why i asked for them !

Go to the scenario depot, do a search for scenarios that are:

tiny

small

medium

You'll find hundreds, actually the majority. Certainly none of my scenarios has hundreds of tanks, is on a flat plane with no cover, etc. You can search under my designer name if you are interested.

I fully agree with Scott - designing CMBB scenarios is far more work, but I feel I have done better work in CMBB than I did in CMBO.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

I did several from the old Cross of Iron game (pre-ASL) and Squad Leader. SL5 -- Hill 621 is one I am particularly proud of. All of them are available at the Scenario Depot.

Steve

The map doesn't look like the way I pictured the 2D map back in the day, but ASL - Hube's Pocket is very exciting.