So you're stranded on a desert island...

Originally posted by bjornkri:

...with nothing at all apart from a spanking new computer and a fresh install of CMBB.

Fortunately, you managed to bring the required patches on a CD, as well as a handful of mods.

The question is, what mods would these be? (You can interpret 'a handful' any way you like)

:D

Can I have the "power outlet" mod? Otherwise that baby is becoming a rain catcher. Or possible a signalling device.

AndrewTF's infantry uniforms.

Undaunted's sky mods.

MikeyD's dirty winter roads and rubble.

I was going to say all of Mr Noobie's soviet armor but after a quick check of the Combat Mission Mod Database it looks like they didn't survive the crash. That's a pity because he made the sweetest T-34 and KVs.

I didn't have CMBB before the crash so I didn't pay very close attention to which CMBB mods were available at CMMODS, but I just took a quick glance through the CMBB CMMOS section and found several of Mr. Noobie's mods there.

One of the reasons that so much effort was put into CMMOS was the realization that CMMOS mods at CMHQ were much less perishable than mods posted in other places. Watching some of our favorite mods and mod sites wink out of existance encouraged a lot of people to put time and effort into doing conversions and writing rules and rulesets. It's a pity that we didn't get as far with CMBB as we did with CMBO.

My own short list would include Juju's small arms.

I am glad Mr Noobie's mods are still available.

Yes Juju's small arms is also a must have.

Eichenbaum's fire is pretty good too, brighter and much more spectacular than the default one.

For terrain mods I'd suggest all of Tanks a lot stuff, his bunkers, trees and buildings. I dont remember what grass mod I am using but it is probably Captain Wacky's.

A must have terrain mod is Mikey D's dirty winter road...much more realistic looking, and make the roads show up 100% better.

A gridded grass is always nice, to spot small elevation changes better...a tree mod like Ed's or Strontium Dog's, and a buildings mod as well, like Ed's.

I also really like Tarkus' Dark Steel total conversion..it'll change the front end completely.