Scenario Review Society

I noticed a post recently about the inherent problems of getting scenarios reviewed....

Here is my humble addition to the topic....

Why don't the scenario creators send each other their designs to check out, test, review etc....

Then we can get good feedback to act on....and hopefully our egos will be massaged by the good comments we get. I'll happily look at other people's designs if they will check out mine....

Tehn we can form a sort of informal gropu of q2uality controllers.....any thoughts or am I existing in a ego free utopia of my own?

Good point but as has already been mentioned the reviewing system at the depot falls between two stalls: do you review it in detail for the sake of the designer or do you review it for players, both of whom have different viewpoints.

Ergo the problem, nobody gets a review that is completely satisfying. And loads of people just do not review scenarios for plenty of good reasons.

Isn't it time that someone, somewhere was a little more proactive?

I'd love to have my first published scenario reviewed....its in the depot and has no review, which I actually think means people will steer towards those that are reviewed.

So.....since you say you are a flegling designer, why not send me your design. I'll happily look at it for you smile.gif

Most of the more 'prolific' scenario designers are probably going to be too busy making their own scenarios to do very many reviews of the work of others. Also, most designers will have a certain 'style' that they use or have different things that they target and they may not like a scenario design that doesn't meet their 'style' or 'target' criteria no matter how successfully you feel your goal was accomplished. In other words, don't always expect to get warm fuzzies from other designers. If the difference of opinion is a philosophical one as opposed to a technical one - well that person's feedback isn't going to do you much good (if they say anything at all).

As to the split between too much detail and not enough, what I usually do in the feedback is post like this:

SPOILERS!

So that someone will know not to continue reading if they do not want spoilers.

If enough people think it is an issue, however, then perhaps Admiral Keth might think about including the option to inculde spoilers in a review, and make those accessible on a separate webpage by means of a button or somefink?

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

As to the split between too much detail and not enough, what I usually do in the feedback is post like this:

SPOILERS!

So that someone will know not to continue reading if they do not want spoilers.

If enough people think it is an issue, however, then perhaps Admiral Keth might think about including the option to inculde spoilers in a review, and make those accessible on a separate webpage by means of a button or somefink?

Steve

Actually, what I'm intending to do is put a new field in the database called "spoiler". The reviewer can place their spoiler information in this field during the review process. There will be a small link or graphic next to each review which, when clicked, will then display the spoiler. This Scenario Depot feature should be available in the next couple of weeks.

Originally posted by Admiral Keth:

Actually, what I'm intending to do is put a new field in the database called "spoiler". The reviewer can place their spoiler information in this field during the review process. There will be a small link or graphic next to each review which, when clicked, will then display the spoiler. This Scenario Depot feature should be available in the next couple of weeks.

Excellent! Thank you, Keth.