50mm AT Gun question....

I was towing a 50mm AT gun into postion with a 251/1 halftrack, when the halftrack got taken out.

AT gun survives, as well as 1 member of the 5 member crew. However I was still able to move the AT gun around afterwards. I was under the impression that once you were down to your last crew member that it would become immobile, same way a HMG team acts. Is this a bug, or can some of the smaller caliber guns be handled by just one crew member?

Posted below is screenshot. You can see the knocked out halftrack, yet I am still able to move the gun.

gatekeeper50mm1.jpg

It's a minor "bug" that also existed with CMBO from memory. The engine can't handle the crews that can abandon their weapon the same way it does MG crews that aren't able to abandon their weapon even when down to one man (unless surrendered of course). I'm sure the new engine in CM II will be different however. When you think about it though, imagine a 1 man crew manhandling a 105mm howitzer yet I bet it can theoretically be done in CMBB.

Regards

Jim R.

Yep, the 50mm is neither particularly small, nor light. Having played around on one, I can definitely attest to how difficult it would be for one person to move it. I've found this limitation in the engine to be but an occasional minor nuisance because once a gun is down to the last man, he usually doesn't survive long anyway.