Map size question

From the scenario editor screen, just choose New Operation and go to the map editor. I make operations maps in CMBB all the time that are 4km x 6km.

The only problem being that you can't use operations maps for battles unless you use Map Converter, a program one of the players wrote (search on forum)--but even then I am almost positive that you can't convert an operations map larger than 3kmx3km into a battle map.

Hope that wasn't too confusing...

Originally posted by 76mm:

From the scenario editor screen, just choose New Operation and go to the map editor. I make operations maps in CMBB all the time that are 4km x 6km.

The only problem being that you can't use operations maps for battles unless you use Map Converter, a program one of the players wrote (search on forum)--but even then I am almost positive that you can't convert an operations map larger than 3kmx3km into a battle map.

Hope that wasn't too confusing...

Operation maps can easily be used for battles.

Just make a one battle operation. :D

Hope this helps.

Hmmm, at least in my version of CMBB, an Operation has to have at least two battles, and although I suppose you could just exit out of the second one, I think it screws up the AAR, because some units/casualties from the first battle won't be shown on the operation AAR I think.

Make the operations two battles with the same number of total turns you would use in the battle scenario.

For instance, if you had a battle 30 turns long do two operation battles 15 turns each.

I actually forgot that you had to do 2 battles in an operation. I had to use the two battles with the total number of turns on a couple of scenarios that I wanted large sized maps on.

Hope this works for your scenario.

Not sure if Pyewacket's map converter can do what you want, but well worth looking into, as it is a very versatile tool.

If that doesn't work you could try the following work around:

Go into the editor and choose new operation. Design map to your liking. Choose forces and deployments, setup zones, etc.

In the parameter screen choose the following:

Operation length - 2 battle

Night falls - every other battle

Opening battle time slot - 3rd (or 1st if you prefer a dawn/dusk scenario)

May initiate night combat - No for both sides

Now choose the rest of the parameters.

Basically, what this does is create an Op that begins during the day, with the next battle being at night, but since you've prohibited each side from fighting at night the computer will just ignore the second battle.

I suggest trying this out first on smaller test Ops. A platoon each and leaving all parameters except the ones listed above at default, see what you get. In my test the two platoons suffered no casualties in the second battle since combat was not allowed. As soon as you hit Go it took you directly to the AAR screen.