CMHQ Update - CMMOS!!!

Perfect ! Thanks to all the modders and thanks to CMMOS ! :D

Edit: The Großdeutschland set does not seem to work. It says something about invalid mod archive or something like that.

Pleas please please fix or d00 somefink

[ April 23, 2003, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: r0tten ]

Rob, the tracer mod should be in the Misc section.

Make sure it is Misc V2 which I had thought was released. If not I will resend it to Jeff.

The Hungarian helmet mod will be in the Hungarian infantry ruleset. I thought it was also released. But will send it to Jeff tonight as well.

Sorry for the errors, entirely my fault.

MikeT

OK, major screwup and entirely my fault.

The tracer mod will be in the Misc section but it must be the new Misc section, I redid it some time ago.

Hungarian helmet mod will be in the Hungarian infantry ruleset which I thought had been released. I will send that to Jeff tonight.

The GD mod...damn this is madding...for some reason the file got corrupt. The ruleset numbers are missing. I will send to Jeff the one from my pc tonight, not the stored one but from CMMOS itself.

Guys I do apologize for this. Entirely my fault. I have been cranking out mods so fast, got some 500 on my hard drive, that I am getting lost.

MikeT

Okay thanks. I got the tracer mod to appear. I re-downloaded the Misc. ruleset, copied the existing mods ( faces, smallarms, etc. ) deleted the ruleset version that I had in CMMOS, installed the new ruleset ( V2 ), installed the copied mods, extracted the ruleset from the tracer mod & cut & pasted the icons, description, etc. into the appropriate CMBB ruleset folder ( 501 ) & now the mod icon appears. I just thought that I'd list the steps that I took so that other people will know what to do with this mod.

Where is the Hungarian helmet ruleset? I went to CMHQ & I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

[ April 23, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

Thanks for the update... appreciate the work... :D

Couple of things...

1. When selecting the color tracer options, after hitting apply I get something called a "Tbar error"? and nothing else happens except I'm no longer able to use "Apply" command in any mod, unless I close the program and re-start it. I had removed old Misc rule set and downloaded March 19th one and re-installed it. It says it's v1.05 Misc Rule set and the tracer mod says it's v1.01. Don't know if this helps or not.

2. GD mod says it's corrupt....

Regards,

Badger

Edit: Had incorrect version number for tracer mod in original post.

[ April 23, 2003, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: BadgerDog ]

I have got the same response. All other mods have installed are ok except 'CW Tracer Fire' in rule set 'Misc' and an earlier mod in 'Rodina' rule set - 'DD's Fall tree graphics'. Both of these I get the error message 'TProgressBar property out of range'.

PS regarding the CW Tracer Fire mod I have also deleted the original 'Misc' rule set and replaced it with version 2 dated March.

Appreciate any help.

[ April 23, 2003, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: MadHewi ]

T Progress bar.....Now here comes a bit of how CMMOS works.

CMMOS uses what are called filelists to keep track of what bmps, or wavs, are swapped to install and then uninstall a mod.

If the filelists is the wrong one OR if that filelist does exist in the filelist folder then you will get the bar error message.

Every time there is an update and new vehicles are added I have to create new filelists, for example the SPW250/11 released by Tracer. For the tracers I had to create the tracer filelist, if memory serves.

You can create you own filelist using notepad.

The name of the file will be "SFX_tracer.txt"

Open notepad and type the following:

#! Version 01.00

# Tracer

Exit and make save it as "SFX_tracer.txt" and save it in the filelist folder of CMMOS. Restart CMMOS, it only reads the filelist when started. The tracer mod should now work. redface.gif

Jeff, if you read the message go ahead and release that zip file of new filelists I sent you. There are many, many new ones and some that I had to change, one German uniform filelist had a bmp missing.

MikeT

I am at work right now but will look into that tonight, along with the problem with the GD mod.

BTW, I am considering, well more than that actually, of releasing a quickie quideline on how to do a CMMOS mod. It wouldn't be as indepth as the one at CM Mod Database, which I have and learned from. But would have my CMMOS starter files and a step by step of fill in the blank or replace the XX's instruction sheet of how to do a simple CMMOS mod.

Would this help anyone out there?

Mike

Yes MikeT, that would be a great idea for some of us temporally challenged would be CMMOS'ers.

Now, I had to go to page 2 to find out that we had some new CMMOS additions - so a quick BUMP before I go check 'em out. smile.gif

Regards

Edited to remind me to update my sig

[ April 24, 2003, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: Nick Schieben ]

Thank Gautrek, he asked me to work it up.

It will be very SIMPLE and basically using my starter file it asks you to only fill in the blank. The addition of a private ruleset means you can make and add your own mods with no regard to the general public, basically the ruleset is a street and the ruleset numbers are the address numbers. If two mods use the same number problems arise, trust me on that one! With a private ruleset you can control your own addresses and place them whereever and in what order you want.

I will work on it this weekend...oh the idea will also include some hints I have been wanting to release such as labeling the icons CMMOS uses. With all those icons it is sometimes difficult to tell one vehicle type from another. I just use MS Paint and put a name on the icons. I have a zip file I will also make available for has allthe mods I have and you need only unzip and copy to the right spot in CMMOS, the start CMMOS and the icons now tell what vehcile the mod is for.

MikeT

Originally the idea for the GD mod, in fact is still is the idea, is to serve as the basis of a GD Regimental and later on Division mod. The mods could convert not only uniforms but vehicles with unit markings. As such the mod will cover all temperatures.

Now in a short time I will restart this and finish out the GD, starting wih the regimental. But for now I thought I would just go ahead and release the uniform only aspect.

MikeT

Just had to come in here and say thanks for the great work you've done for us 'lazy' modders, MikeT !

Just realised when the Tracermod didn't work, how much work it had to be to swap each mod yourself and back it up. You've provided us (together with the designers of the mods of course) with some very outstanding and impressive :eek: :eek: mods. So thank you sir!

• 3 weeks later...

Is anybody having troubles with a few of the Gautrek mods for the Schweinestall Ruleset? IIRC, the exact problem mods for me are the T34M1941 and the PzKwIIC, and possibly one of the Panthers too. I can't check right now. I sure like these Gautrek mods and would like to have them conveniently available. Thanks to all who work so hard on CMMOS.

Mike

Email me the latest version of the how to CMMOS as i am in the process of doing my site now.

I am having to learn Dreamweaver as i go along so its slow going.But i about have the layout sorted.

But if you want i can stick a rough copy up on a spare page while i am messing about with my site.

PS this has put the white washed anti tank guns on hold for a few days.SORRY