Stupid Question...but how do you take screen shots?

Is this a sideeffect of the GForce Driver Problems? When I hit Print Screen in game (3d phase) and copy it to Paint Brush or any other graphic programm, all I get are black screens. Sometimes I even get the window asking me for my PBEM email - that windows before 3d comes up.

Seems I can't screencap the 3d window with that method. How does it work?

Thanks

RS

Hi,

I am really the last chap that should be attempting to answer you, I am profoundly un-computer-literate.

However, with Windows XP, the way I do it, is to hit the “Print Screen” key at the moment I wish to take a snap shot, then get out of CMBB, then paste into Word. Then Save it, then open it in some graphics program. I too have GeForce. Try to paste into Word first.

All the best,

Kip.

My AA is at Quincunx, and I dont want to run at 4x because it slows other games down to much. Quincunx gives me the best performance with the best image quality.

I really hope either Nvidia or Battlefront figure a way around these driver issues. I have to tab in and out of the game frequently to see what's going on, and screenshots dont work, even with the UOSU tool I just tried.

It's not game-breaking, but it's a heck of annoying.

Well, another utility that I've found invaluable is atuner. It lets you quickly and easily adjust your 3d settings without needing to reboot. AA is one of the things that you can quickly adjust on a per game basis.

http://www.guru3d.com/atuner/

Silly me just noticed that I could expand the little control panel for aTuner and in there are even more options, like profiles. Easy to make a profile and then it's one click to load it. So if a game won't run with AA on, you load the profile with no AA. Pretty neat stuff.

[ January 05, 2003, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: GJK ]