I made a mistake or maybe 2 in mods, Is it fixable?

Never toss anything into your bmp folder without backing up the original first. It's best to have a folder with a copy of the mod and a copy of what you're replacing in sub-folders. Most mods have files in them that you don't want in your bmp folder, so you need a sorting area to figure out what is what.

Your best bet is to make a parallel reinstall so that you can save a copy of the original bmp folder. That way you will at least be able to get back to the original on any particular mod that you use. In CMBO you can copy the bmp's directly off the CD, but not in CMBB and CMAK.

Always look before you leap. Some mods have to be renumbered before you can use them, and some will copy over things you don't want overwritten.

Make copies of everything. You'll save yourself a lot of time and trouble in the long run.

Originally posted by Santosdiablo:

In one of the mods the guy has made the map into sections like a diagram with lines showing each square

How do i remove this so that i have the normal layout and not that of a chess board

I'm not quite sure what you're saying, but I gather you're stuck looking at someone's gridded grass mod. Pretty ghastly, I agree. I don't even like the nice ones.

Look at the bmp numbers that were in the mod. Get a copy of the original bmp files that match those numbers. Copy and paste. You've now reversed the grid effect without undoing any of the mods you liked.

You really need to make a clean back-up before you get too far into this, because you're going to make a lot of mistakes.

You should sign up at cmmods... you can download their mod software to track all of your cmbb mods - it is very helpful.

Probably ought to download the 1.01 1.02 and 1.03 patches somewhere on your hard drive too, or put them on a CD.

Odds are you will be reinstalling cmbb sometime after having pc problems.

If you do that make sure any scenarios you built are somewhere else or they will be over written.

One mod will overwrite another, and happily there are a pile of replacement grass mods out there to choose from (including my most recent ;) ).

Stuff like this becomes a real problem when you've installed a corrupt BMP file and you can't figure out which number it is! I played CMBB more than a year with my hedges using Pz38T hulltop skins! :mad:

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Stuff like this becomes a real problem when you've installed a corrupt BMP file and you can't figure out which number it is! I played CMBB more than a year with my hedges using Pz38T hulltop skins! :mad:

Hi MikeyD

Pls take a screenshot, I would like to see that !

Thanks

Pat

Uploading a mod to send to someone is a lot more time-consuming than downloading. You really shouldn't ask someone to spend their time doing something that would be much easier for you to do yourself. Just identify what was in the gridded grass mod and do a second reinstall. You're the only one who knows how many files that was. Grass mods are big, so it is neither fair nor considerate to ask someone else to do it for you.

If I understand correctly you sound like you have the CDV Special Edition, though you never spelled that out. If that is the case, you don't need to worry about patches because CMBB comes fully patched. Applying lesser versions of the patches to a fully patched version will just degrade what you already have.

And that hedge sounds like it was almost as much fun as the anti-aircraft gunshield made out of a breach block that someone was using.