Staggeringly dumb newbie MOD question...

I've been playing CMBB for a while. I just found a copy of CMBO, for a good price - needless to say, I snapped it up.

I'm not a big fan of how the vehicles look in CMBO - the German tanks, in particular, look a bit funky, color-wise. They're sort of washed out and greasy looking.

Is it possible to use CMBB skins in CMBO? Could I copy a bitmap, re-name it, and drop it onto the appropriate CMBO tank?

I'm not sure about that, 'cause I've never tried it.

The best thing you could probably do is to download all the CMBO-goodies from Combat Mission HQ , there are many great MODS there!

Here's a very nice example, Dainius Kartanas' awesome Tiger VI Ausf. B - MOD:

Tiger-B2.jpg

..found in the Third Party Mods - Vehicles - German Tanks - section.

Regards, Sven

Thanks! I've been downloading mods from the Combat Mission HQ, and using CMMOD to install them - they're very nice.

But there are still some gaps, and in some cases I like a mod that was made for CMBB - there are some beautiful ones out there.

I guess I'll just have to try it myself!

Are there more-or-less comprehensive mod packs available for CMBB? I've been downloading bits and pieces--some terrain here, a tank there--but don't have the time and energy to find and replace mods for all the vehicles I'd like to update. Sets of favorite mods ready to download would be very helpful.

"In America, first joo get the sugar, then joo get the power, then joo get the women."