Several hours wasted - I dont get it.

I loaded Biltaid. Program works fine. But I do not understand it.

I print my list. I want to play. But I dont know how to.

I want to buy in the QB generator my Battle Group and my Task Force, but I have 900 points. I cannot buy my Battle Group without spending points. And I cannot give axis other points to buy than allied. I am not able to build up my army with the QB generator.

But If I use the map editor and use allied forces after I generated them in QB the problem is that I know who I fight against and thats uncool. No suprise.

So I need techniques how to do this kinda stuff. Ah?

Ok.

Ya'understand? Uh?

:confused:

Ok:

I have 900 points Mechanized German Infantry.

But my Battle Group List says:

Co HQ 1xAufklärungs Platoon 3x

Pz II

Pz III

Pz IV

One point:

I can't buy my Battle Group Panzer in QB Generator 'cause Biltaid says I have Mechanized German Infantry and in the QB generator mechanized german infantry cannot buy Panzers. Thats one problem

Second point:

I have the Battle Group and then ADDITIONAL the Task Force with its 900 points I guess. But If I buy in a 900 pts game my Battle Group I do not have many points left to buy a task Force. !?

Third point:

If I do not use QB generator but the map editor I can place units as I like, after I used QB generator to automatically generate troops for myself. But THEN

I count allied forces also to implement them as enemy in map editor and THEN I know what I am fighting against and this is uncool and boring cause no suprise.

I hope ya'understand now. plz. fix or d00 somefink

:confused:

Baby.jpg

[i started to write this reply, before you wrote your second, one.]

Hi rotten,

i'm also right now setting up my first Biltaid-BCR battle (and still have a question, but with this point, maybe i can help you):

as far as i understand it, the computer chooses his own units, anyway.

Biltaid gives you the parameters you have to choose in the quick-battle generator.

I.e. Biltaid calculates for the ALLIED:

Force Mix: Infantry

Nationality: Soviet

Division Type: Infantry

Quality: Medium

Fitness: Fit

Casualties: -20%

Ammo: 50%

Sewer Movement: No

So you simply choose those parameters for the computer player and don't forget to let the AI choose the units automatically ;)

To determine your own units, you set up two different QB:

the first will determine, which units will support your core Battle Force. For this QB, you choose the parameters given by BiltAid.

I.e.

Force Mix: Infantry

Nationality: German

Division Type: Luftwaffe

Qual: Medium

Now let the computer pick the german units automatically (don't care about the Russians; you won't play this QB anyway - it's only for determining the available support units).

Look at the battlefield and write the choosen units down (regarding the above example, the computer was forced to take Luftwaffe Infantery units, only).

Now create the second, the real Quick Battle.

This time you choose for your forces unrestricted.

For the computer, you fill out all the fields, that were given to you by BiltAid (and don't forget to let the AI choose it's units).

Now choose your core Battle Force.

They keep all the time the same (standard: 1x mot. Infantrie Kompanie; 1x PzIIc, 1x PzIIIG, 1x Pz IVE).

After doing that, you have remaining points.

Now choose the german Division type given to you by BiltAid. In our example: Luftwaffe Infanterie.

Now you are allowed to spend points on those units, that were picked from the computer in the first QB and that were written down.

But be careful and spend only as much points, as BiltAid gave you for each category.

Hope that helped.

[ April 19, 2003, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

Originally posted by r0tten:

I can't buy my Battle Group Panzer in QB Generator 'cause Biltaid says I have Mechanized German Infantry and in the QB generator mechanized german infantry cannot buy Panzers. Thats one problem

You need to set the Divion-type to unrestriced, when you buy your units.

What you are allowed to buy, is already determinded by BiltAid.

Second point:

I have the Battle Group and then ADDITIONAL the Task Force with its 900 points I guess. But If I buy in a 900 pts game my Battle Group I do not have many points left to buy a task Force. !?

That's the sense of the support-units ('Task-Force'). To fill up the given points.