CM wants to load/reload when game installed!

Hi everybody, apologies if this has already been covered, but I'm fairly new to CMBO on Windows XP. The game is already installed, but everytime I pop the cd in, up comes that screen for loading/repairing etc! Even if I click the icon quick, I still have to go through all those annoying prompts, or its waiting for me again at the end just the same! I dont recall it doing this on Windows 98 SE. Presume there must be a simple fix for this? :mad:

I have both BO & BB from CDV, haven't experienced any problems like that with XP.....yet.

But...on CMBB the mod CMMOS "core software" would not extract so I had to download the current ver (4.xx?) from the web. The rule sets on the disk worked though.

[ June 01, 2004, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: FM Paul Heinrik ]

Originally posted by junk2drive:

cmmos is a separate program and should not effect cm

Your right. It didn't do anything. My copy of the files are corrupted on the disk. Again, I state that on MY copy of the CDV special ed., disk 2 has several mods one being cmmos. Mine would not extract properly, I hope that problem is just with my copy and no one else's. I downloaded the current ver of cmmos and installed it with no problem.

It's only when you pop in the CD right? I have the CDV CMBB and it asks me wether I want to reinstall, play or exit when the autorun thingy starts. This of course isn't a problem since the CMBB disk sits firmly in my CD drive, only leaving occasionally for some fresh air. ;)

The play button doesn't work but "cancel" is the way to go. Then just start CMBB in your preferred way (via some shortcut or whatever). One way to get around this annoying popup would be to turn of autorun for your CD drive.

Originally posted by I am not a number:

I have exactly the same problem with BO and BB (but not CMAK for some reason). It really is very annoying- is there anyway to fix it?

Sure, get the BFC distribution tongue.gif

This question belong in the tech support section, not this one. However, they will refuse to work on CDV specific problems and redirect you to their user support.

I did actually post my original question in that section too, but sometimes users can answer these problems too. It seems the problem lies with MS windows xp autorun. Turn that off and it doesn't do it apparently. Why this should be I don't really know - all my other games work ok with autorun. Odd! Also CMBO worked alright with autorun on windows 98, even odder methinks!

Yeah, no joy, looks like they've disowned it. I'll try again all the same, maybe if I annoy them enough they'll come up with something! Still, CMBO is such a brilliant game, I can put up with that little bit of hassle each time I load it. I've got CMBB and CMAK on order right now, wonder if they'll be alright in this department?