prospect of movies from pc 's

I m not sure if this has already been posted but finally it looks like movies can be made in cmbb on a non mac. I ve tried a version of hypersnap (5 ?) which can take concurrent jpg pics once a second and save them to disk. You still have to resize & create the gif or avi but at least it works. I ve made a couple of them so far : )

Well - I suppose thats well and good for CMBO, CMBB and probably CMAK, but what would be nice, is the option in the new game engine, to watch the entire battle with the same options we currently have in the one minute clips - but extended to cover every clip as they collectively form a larger and continuous picture. This means people can look around from any view, and direction and otherwise manipulate what they watch of the entire battle and how many times.

Further more, once a battle has ended, both sides should be able to watch the entire battle movie as they saw it, as their oppoent saw it and as a collective picture of how each unit saw it (assuming borg spotting is fixed in the new engine).

Of course, time compression would be a welcome addition as well, for those longer battles with little action near their begining.

It would also be nice if there was an accompanying text log with all of this, detailing who saw what, when. Probably made best available after the whole battle is over. With the possible elimination of borg spotting, I think it'd be interesting to see which units call out contacts and when. Who knows, perhaps a text log detailing contact reports for your side should be available to you from start to finish. After all - if you're the commander, your troops need to communicate with you, as you do with them. Perhaps not really nnecessary but I think it'd be pretty cool.

Just food for thought. smile.gif

Theres needs to be a way of combining the older CMs to newer ones :(

Every game has this fault.. :I

I don't think it'd be too hard, not at least to include the units and battle options.

At least not with CMBO and CMBB, which are so closely similar with the units.