Grogs: Soviet Militaria Question

I'm trying to finish up my Soviet uniform mod series and have a few gaps to fill. Can anyone help me out here?

1) I wanted to offer a leaf-pattern camo option for the airborne troops. Anyone have a good photo or scan of the pattern? The larger the better, area-wise.

2) I've read about and seen some really bad photos of what was described as a quilted winter overall for tankers. It looked a bit like a telegreika uniform. Anyone have pix of this?

3) Any photos of early-war tank uniforms would be appreciated. Also, I've seen a "steel gray" color gymnastroika for armored troops. Is this a normal thing? What would the rest of the uniform look like.

Anyone with any answers please assist. smile.gif

Hi Andrew, I have this book called "Red Army Uniforms of WWII". It has over 50 photos of orignal uniforms but the problem is they are only front view.

Here are two examples. The first is a camo uniform described as "late war scout". The second you can see the caption. It is gray in case the color is difficult to see.

Camo2.jpg

Tank.jpg

I don't know if these are any help!