MOD Release! Soviet Winter Uniforms vol.2

Avaiable now at the Mother Lode of MODs. smile.gif

No, they're not the white ones. You have to wait for those. This one's telegreikas for all Soviet infantry, except those pesky Partisans, who will just have to freeze, I suppose.

Pictures, in no particular order:

guards.jpg

Guards. Regular infantry and cavalry are pretty much identical except for the shoulder boards and quards badges.

naval.jpg

Naval infantry. They look really cool in-game. Better than here. More:

naval_lt.jpg

And finally, airborne:

ab.jpg

Note groovy parachute jump badges, PPsH pouches. And funny pants. The funny pants make them angry so they fight better.

All the helmets have a red star. You can use it or not use it. You should use it, I think, but it's up to you.

Very nice work, Andrew. Thanks!

However, I do have to ask: what's up with the 'star' on the helmet??? Poetic license. Nothing wrong with that, of course, just curious smile.gif

Btw, I think on average, Soviet airborne troops would've been fitting more of a spec ops role by this time in the war, since they were pretty much dropped (no pun intended) as a main arm for Soviet military operations. In this case, you'd see them in white camo coveralls with the telogreikas showing from the collar area at the top.

Originally posted by Grisha:

Very nice work, Andrew. Thanks!

However, I do have to ask: what's up with the 'star' on the helmet??? Poetic license. Nothing wrong with that, of course, just curious smile.gif

Btw, I think on average, Soviet airborne troops would've been fitting more of a spec ops role by this time in the war, since they were pretty much dropped (no pun intended) as a main arm for Soviet military operations. In this case, you'd see them in white camo coveralls with the telogreikas showing from the collar area at the top.

Ok, I SAW the red star on a real helmet... somewhere. I swear! Honest! smile.gif I guess I should work up a plain one for you purists out there.

The airborne one is just an option to make the set complete. The white version is on the way... :cool:

Thanks Andrew!

Unbelievable as usual. Yours are always the only uniform mods I use. Have all your German unis and winters as well!!

Keep up the amazing, incredible, great work!

I would like to request a redo of Soviet summer unis if you ever can fit them in. Would really like to see your treatment of them.

Thanks again, your hard work and artistic talent is truly appreciated!

Keep em coming.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif