Unit not following orders.

I am in a pbem, with a Romanian regular recon squad (1941), full strength, not under command (platoon leader far ahead with the rest of the platoon), not under fire, not close to being under fire, not having been under fire. Given orders to move, run, contact, assault, will not move whatsoever. Units are moving around it, and have already moved. This squad will not move. It is beside a cliff, but I have plotted a number of intricate moves for it, as well as simple straight lines to its objective.

What gives?

I also have a BT-7 that is pausing for long periods inexplicably after beginning to carry out movement orders.

Any answers?

Originally posted by Cpt. Cook:

I am in a pbem, with a Romanian regular recon squad (1941), full strength, not under command (platoon leader far ahead with the rest of the platoon), not under fire, not close to being under fire, not having been under fire. Given orders to move, run, contact, assault, will not move whatsoever. Units are moving around it, and have already moved. This squad will not move.

Any answers?

Wild guess : what is the unit command delay ? well above 1min ?

First guess is the command delay well above 1 minute.

2nd guess is a bug. If you are in the corner of a large stone bldg which is in a row of large stone buildings, moving out across that corner sometimes does not work. I had a lot of these problems in a city battle, until I moved the first waypoint a bit. Maybe it is a restriction for the path finding algorithm. In similar situations (moving out of a local optimum when there is a step threshold near), I expect many optimizazion routines to lock up. A more common example is the behavior of vehicles near bridges, they often seem to hang around and do weird things instead of just moving onto the bridges if you don't set a waypoint where they are to enter the bridge and into the middle of the bridge.

Gruß

Joachim

Interesting.

I've had units under fire discard their instructions as they go to ground, I've had 50mm mortars refuse to fire for no apparent reason, on several occassions I've had a vehicle hit an obstruction and forget where it was supposed to go, and I've had guns refuse to fire on targets they couldn't damage, but I've never had regular infantry simply give up and not move!