strategic command and combat mission

Is there a way to use "Strategic Comand" game to play a CM campaign?I mean to use the strategic level of SC and to resolve the battles by CM.The tactical battle should be a result of the strategical moves and the battle overcome should decide the strategic moves.For that a cheat or something will be needed for SC in order to set the overcome for the CM battle .Wht do you think?

...Thank you in advance!

No. Strategic command is so much larger in scope than CM that there's no relation. In order for something like your idea to work you'd need about four different games: Strategic command, A divisional level game to resolve those conflicts, A Regimental level game to resolve the divisional level game conflicts, and onto CM.

Not practical at all I'm afraid.

I've got SC and I'm afraid it looks very unlikely to me. The counters that SC uses are very generic, bland you could say. They don't really represent anything that you could put your finger on as a specific real military unit, they're just concepts to represent forces really and I don't see how it could be tied in with CM at all.

You would be better off with The Operational Art of War. In TOAW, units (typically from companies to armies in size) constitute of squads and vehicles, for example in one Continuation War scenario a Finnish Infantry Battalion is composed of 48 Rifle Squads, 7 Irregular Squads, 12 Medium MG, 18 AT Rifle, 1 120mm Mortar, 4 81mm Mortar, 1 45mm AT Gun, 1 37mm AT Gun, 34 Horse Teams and 6 Trucks.

But you still wouldn't have any way of using the CM battle outcome in TOAW.

Arbi, If you would like to use the concept I would suugest you would use Panzer General 2 or 3 as a "top layer"game for Combat mission.

1 unit in one of this games represents more or less a battalion or regiment.

If two opposing units "clash" it could be translated into a CM battle. Remember however that the "gap" between the scale of CM and PG will still be prety large so the CM battles would be rather big (+/- 2000-3000 for battalion and more for regiments)

So it is possible but whether it would be fun or what you expect from it I doubt. (I tried it my self once....)

gr

Screeny