Sharpshooter, To Hide Or Not To Hide...

If you have a sharpshooter and you have him in position, when he is not hiding is he in a camouflaged and well concealed state, or is he just as likely to be spotted as your infantry squad. I would assume that he would natuarally get under cover.

My reason for asking is that i have just started to use them, but I have kept them in hiding and you don't get much action out of a man hiding...

I would assume low visibility is built into the sharpshooter/sniper unit and that other units would be at a disadvantage trying to spot it (and conversely that snipers have a better ability to spot other units because of their improved optics or skills).

Hiding, I always believed, meant just that: going under cover. Not finding a better spot to fire from, but rather finding a place out of sight. Units will take cover under fire yet still be able to fire back.

Maybe I'm wrong. Like to hear from the CMBB programmers. Ian

SU-100.jpg