Wanted: Low Res grass mod that indicates elevation

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I find it hard to believe a person would be at a disadvantage by not using gridded terrain.

I would guess it's a matter of personal preference. Some folks are more comfortable using grids and find it easier to judge elevations. Others (like myself) prefer to use the more natural look and find the grids very distracting.

I would guess more people use non-gridded grass than gridded but I don't know.

I find it hard to believe a person would be at a disadvantage by not using gridded terrain.

I would guess it's a matter of personal preference. Some folks are more comfortable using grids and find it easier to judge elevations. Others (like myself) prefer to use the more natural look and find the grids very distracting.

I would guess more people use non-gridded grass than gridded but I don't know.

It all depends on how much of a cheater vs real life you want to be...

I suppose you use Detailed Armor Hits... and Fly all over the map at camera levels 3 and 4 as if you were in your private invisible airplane ... and of course use the gridded terrain.

OK if you are playing against someone else using the same player aides.

NOT OK if you are playing vs the AI which uses none of these things.

That would make any victories vs the AI very questionable indeed.

I enjoy playing with as few artificial helpers as possible. More realistic vs AI also vs a Trustworthy opponent.

No eye in the sky.... Toad

It all depends on how much of a cheater vs real life you want to be...

I suppose you use Detailed Armor Hits... and Fly all over the map at camera levels 3 and 4 as if you were in your private invisible airplane ... and of course use the gridded terrain.

OK if you are playing against someone else using the same player aides.

NOT OK if you are playing vs the AI which uses none of these things.

That would make any victories vs the AI very questionable indeed.

I enjoy playing with as few artificial helpers as possible. More realistic vs AI also vs a Trustworthy opponent.

No eye in the sky.... Toad

Yes,in real life the terrain isn't gridded because it doesn't need to be,as our eyes and brain are fully used to being able to gauge perspective and contours.

But computer-terrain on a flat screen is another matter,and grids give us help in judging ranges and contours etc at a glance.

Of all the terrain mods available,grids are the only ones that in my opinion are absolutely essential smile.gif

Yes,in real life the terrain isn't gridded because it doesn't need to be,as our eyes and brain are fully used to being able to gauge perspective and contours.

But computer-terrain on a flat screen is another matter,and grids give us help in judging ranges and contours etc at a glance.

Of all the terrain mods available,grids are the only ones that in my opinion are absolutely essential smile.gif