houses disappear

When editing a map in CMBB, i try to create those little russian villages the scenario designers did perfectly in the "maruszcew? bridgehead"-operation. However, of the 10-20 houses/huts i place around a road, only ~5 are left when watching my map. Did any of you also encounter this problem?

Originally posted by wasi:

When editing a map in CMBB, i try to create those little russian villages the scenario designers did perfectly in the "maruszcew? bridgehead"-operation. However, of the 10-20 houses/huts i place around a road, only ~5 are left when watching my map. Did any of you also encounter this problem?

Check whether the land around the houses is level. Houses have to be surrounded by level land or sometimes they disappear.

Small houses are more likely to stay put on uneven ground but those bigger two storey affairs do definitely need a flat base. This is more critical in CMBB than CMBO because of BFC's efforts to smooth-out uneven terrain heights. This could mean the house on your theoretically flat tile may in fact be edging into that rounded corner that smooths out the terrain from two tiles over.