Mod Problem / Help

Originally posted by meter1:

I installed a bunch of mods and I now have "grids" on my maps..How do I get rid of ? Can I override this? I of course did not back up any original BMP files...

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

You could install another copy of the game into a different directory, then copy the fresh BMPs over the unwanted ones.

By "I installed a bunch of mods" do you mean you downloaded mods wholesale and chucked 'em into the bmp folder without looking? Yikes! A brave man! It's best to look before you leap.

Yup, you may have to put another copy of the game onto your desktop so you can ferret out the default terrain bmps. Or alternately, put another copy on your desktop and throw out the original! OR, if you're really really lucky you can find a non-gridded terrain mod and overwrite the offending files... if a non-gridded mod exists.

Bummer dude.

Or grab WinRAR (www.rarlabs.com) and then use it to extract the contents of the large, single file that is on the CD (provided your on Windows and this isn't the CDV version of the game). You can then get the original BMP's for the terrain that was overwritten with the gridded versions. To find out what BMP's those are, grab the mod you used last time or grab another gridded grass mod from CMMODS and extract it.

Of course, another option would be to find a non-gridded grass mod that you like and use it, overwriting the gridded version.