Mods Posted - Camo StugIV

I've uploaded three camo StugIV mods to CMMODS.

Here's some screenies, as two of the screenies I uploaded to CMMODS seem to be corrupt due to some server problem. I'd appreciate any info on this. I've tried editing the mod and replacing the screenies, but this doesn't seem to work.

Tricolour StugIV

-------------------

Flesh_StugIV_Tricolour_2.jpg

Bicolour StugIV

-------------------

Flesh_StugIV_Bicolour_2.jpg

Tricolour Splotch StugIV

--------------------------

Flesh_StugIV_Splotch_2.jpg

Note: I used some of the textures from the excellent StugIIIG pack by Mike Duplessis for this mod. I also used some of the textures from my PzIVH mod, which were based on the default PzIV textures.

[ June 30, 2003, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Flesh ]

Thanks for the feedback, Lee.

Unfortunately, the tricolour StugIV is not one of the mods that I'm worried about. The two that appear to have corrupt screenies (at least on CMMODS) are the bicolour StugIV and the tricolour splotch StugIV. I just hope the zip files aren't corrupt too. Then again, the problem could be on my end somehow. :(

I seem to have fixed the screenies on CMMODS. It appears that in order to replace a file you have to upload the new version with a *different* file name. If you don't do this, i.e. if you keep the same file name, the file is not replaced.

Also, I could be wrong, but it looks like the HD that is being used for CMMODS has a number of bad sectors. At least that's my take on the problem.

[ July 01, 2003, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Flesh ]

Nice going, Flesh!

I DL-ed all three versions without any problems.

Quick question, can these be used för the late Stug IV by renumbering the BMPs? The two versions look awfully similar to my untrained eye so I'm hoping to use one mod for the standard StuG IV and another one for the late version.

Oh, and thanks a bunch for making the tac marks optional.

Now, take a well earned rest before you start in on the Stug III F...

We ModSluts Salute You!

-Derfel

Derfel, thanks for the encouragement. smile.gif

In reply to your question, no, you can't use these mods for the StugIV late. It's the same problem as with the StugIIIG and the StuH42 - the gun mantlets are different.

However, I'll look into modding the StugIV late. It might take me a few days though, as I'm working on some other mods. ;)

Yeah, the StugIIIF/8 seems to need modding too.

Originally posted by Flesh:

Thanks for the feedback, Lee.

Unfortunately, the tricolour StugIV is not one of the mods that I'm worried about. The two that appear to have corrupt screenies (at least on CMMODS) are the bicolour StugIV and the tricolour splotch StugIV. I just hope the zip files aren't corrupt too. Then again, the problem could be on my end somehow. :(

I think the last sentence is the correct one.

Originally posted by Flesh:

I seem to have fixed the screenies on CMMODS. It appears that in order to replace a file you have to upload the new version with a *different* file name. If you don't do this, i.e. if you keep the same file name, the file is not replaced.

Also, I could be wrong, but it looks like the HD that is being used for CMMODS has a number of bad sectors. At least that's my take on the problem.

Both of those statements are incorrect. You do not have to change the filename when replacing either the screenshot or the .zip file. Nor is there any problem with the server. It's working fine and has plenty of clean disk space.

It's seems no one else is having this problem, so I would look on your system first. I've got several websites running off the same server (although cmmods.com is by far the busiest) and have no problems with them either.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I said it before, I'll say it again.

Jumpin'-up-and-down FANTASTIC!!!

Thanks Mike!!! Your amazing StugIIIG textures played a big part, that's for sure. smile.gif

ColumbusOHGamer, sorry if it looked like I was casting aspersions on your server. I was really just thinking aloud, fully expecting somebody who knows more about the system in question to clear things up.

Anyway, I think I know what the problem is now. It looks like my web browser was caching the files. That must be why I had to change the file names. Also, there must be some kind of bug in the HTTP upload/post functionality of the browser, hence the corrupt files. FYI the browser in question is Opera 6.0.

I'll try a different browser. That should hopefully fix the problem in future.