Will we see Italian P40 tank in CMAK?

Will Italian P40 tank make it to CMAK?

Italians used only 3 of these tanks because of italian surrender in 1943 but germans continued the production and 101 of these tanks were produced

It was the heaviest tank produced by the italians in ww2 and almost equal to PZ4

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/html/italy/P26.htm

http://www.militarymodelling.com/features/feature18/

15.jpg

16.jpg

13.jpg

[ July 24, 2003, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: SuperHero ]

I recall in CMBO we had to make-do with a representative sampling of several armor types (one 37mm gun AC type, one 40mm gun AC type, one 75mm gun Sherman type, etc.) because the bewildering array of vehicles in Europe mostly overlapped in performance and wouldn't have added significantly to gameplay.

CMBB of course did much MUCH better in that regard (all those StuGs and PzIIIs!!!) but there's still a bit of representative sampling and polygon sharing going on. (I recently got my Panther KO'd by a 'generic' Valentine... I only learned at game's-end it was the lethal 57mm gun variety.)

I wonder what the state of affairs is going to be with CMAK. Are we going to actually get ALL the Italian armor types we can stand? How many different Sherman/Grant polygons are there going to be? How many Brit AC types? If they're planning to get te game to us before 2004 I'd say 'representative vehicle sampling' is inevitable.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I recall in CMBO we had to make-do with a representative sampling of several armor types (...one 75mm gun Sherman type, etc.)...

IIRC, there were at least four 75mm Shermans in just the US inventory alone. I never got around to counting the ones in the Brit/Commonwealth inventory.

Michael