How long to make CMBO/CMBB?

Although the original art that was the beginning of the CMBO website in June of 1999 (I am sure that someone with more patience and time will dig it up) is not immediately available, it was good enough to get me to preorder in August or September of that year. So they had a working rough version of the engine at that time. If you look elsewhere on this website you will see that parts of it are at least 5 years old, so my guess is that it was at least 5 and a half years ago, but the dream of it more likely has been around for most of ten.

Originally it was going to be ASL on the computer for Avalon Hill I believe and then things soured (ala GIC's rough experience a few years ago) or something to that effect and they struck out on their own. If you read the manifesto you will get a better idea of why things are the way they are around here.

I am sure someone will come along and enlighten you further and more accurately, but I guess for now this will have to suffice.

Originally posted by Ellros:

From the time CMBO was released to CMBB was just under a year and a half.

Closer to two and a quarter, I think. And about the same amount of time for CMBO from the original announcement to release. Of course, about six months of the time between BO and BB were spent on patching BO, so real work on BB was delayed by about that much.

Michael