Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Updated W-SS Uniform MOD Released

Thanks Andrew, yet again.

I'm sure you've been asked these questions before, which mod are you most proud of?

Least proud of?

Which one was hardest to accomplish technically?

Hardest to research?

Again, thanks for all the great work you've done. I'm sure it's safe to say I speak on behalf of the entire CM community, both BO and BB! smile.gif

Cheers,

Jason

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Thanks Andrew, yet again.

I'm sure you've been asked these questions before, which mod are you most proud of?

Hmmmm... so many mods. I think (at this moment) I'm happiest with the Italian infantry mod. Or maybe the Hungarians. It's a toss-up.

Least proud of?

Hmmm (again)... the CMBO Kübelwagen that was included by BFC in CMBB. I made way it back when I didn't know what I was doing. It was my first mod, actually. It needs a makeover but I'm not sure if I want to tackle it again.

Which one was hardest to accomplish technically?

The SU-76 that I'm still struggling with. When you commit yourself to a high level of detail you have to be consistent otherwise it won't look good. There are some instances where the original textures out of necessity "fudge" certain details, but if you're showing every weld seam and rivet you can't really get away with that.

On another note, in case you think I don't have a life ;) , the uniform mods are really easy to do now as I have them on a sort of template system. For instance, the German uniforms and field gear are all basically the same, most variations just involve a change of color or camo pattern and some different gear and insignia. Also, most uniforms are more or less similar, so the Romanian infantry uniforms were adapted from the Finnish uniforms, and the Romanian officers started out life as Italian officers.

Hardest to research?

The Romanians. Even less information out there than about the Hungarians (fortunately, the Hungarian CM fans rescued me on that one!). I had to render *everything* by hand with the Romanians, from belt buckle to breadbag.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not a uniform grog or even a grog of any sort, but I do have pretty good research skills! smile.gif I've gleaned most of my information from the internet or from what fellow CMers provide to me.

Again, thanks for all the great work you've done. I'm sure it's safe to say I speak on behalf of the entire CM community, both BO and BB! smile.gif

Cheers,

Jason