Killing the Tiger I--wartime Russian views

Originally posted by dieseltaylor:

Very interesting discussion on cocktails. Please note that the preferred mix was sodium chlorate and indeed it was 50cl bottles.

Oh good, I thought it was 50cl bottles, it's nice to know that I was correct on the matter.

Thank you very much for the site also - some very interesting stuff there.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another fun one, incorporating German tactical principles for tanks (to include a truly unique way to assess ground traffickability for tanks by using infantry), a turncoat German tanker's suggestions on how to fight German tanks, Allied tank employment mistakes, a German variant of the daisy chain mine, and a Russian discussion of how to fight the Tiger I.

http://www.lonesentry.com/tanktalk/index.html

Regards,

John Kettler

Andreas,

It appears we have one of those YMMMV situations: two different official Russian positions on Molotov cocktail effectiveness.

Grogs,

Those of you concerned with gadding about in combat while carrying glass bottles ought to carefully consider that 5 million Blendkorper 42 caustic smoke grenades were produced, with a great many being routinely used in combat. Definitely standard gear for tankhunter teams, some of whose other "toys" are shown, too.

http://www.inert-ord.net/ger03a/gerat/index.html

Regards,

John Kettler

Stalin's Organist,

Now that you mention it, I do vaguely recall some such remark. I say vaguely because a) when I posted about the Blendkorper I'd been up for some 18 hours

and B) it's now past up 24 hours continuously. Am therefore not sharp!

Returning now to the topic, we clearly need bottle grogs to do not just thickness comparisons but glass type comparisons.

Regards,

John Kettler