White Vehicles

I got a question. Its for both CMBB and CMBO. I have the special editions of each game. I downloaded some 3rd party mods and now some of the units are white. Ex american wolverine is white. I went to cmmods dl more wolverine mods but its still white? Any help

Thanx

Paul

As J2D states we have to know whether your using cmmos or not, and if so that may be the problem he outlined.

Also as J2D states the hard coded color for the stuff in cmbo and cmbb is a plain white color, I'm thinking they changed that to black in cmak did't they.

So if there is missing bmp textures then that white color is what ya are going to get.

So you have to ask yourself why doesn't the game engine recognize these bmp sets your trying to apply and more to the point where the hell did the originals get too.

Also you cannot use made for cmmos mods, if your not using the cmmos mod manager. The game engine can't recognize the additional stuff tacked onto the bmp number, so that would have to be cropped off first before being added into the BMP folder.

• 3 weeks later...

to PAUL K...

i just got a new PC.. WinXPpro and Nvidea 6600 card.

prior i was running win98 with a voodoo5, and tho slow, all 3 games worked fine graphics wise.

now, i got the WHITE vehicles you are talking about :( i have the latet drivers (since the system is new, why would i get 'old' drivers?)

so my question is:

did you ever get this resolved? i did a search for this problem and came up empty.

Sarge

Hi Sarge, you could pretty easily end up with old drivers (perhaps not ancient, but old). Drivers are updated fairly frequently, but pre-installed drivers and drivers included on driver disks are often NOT the most recent.

Did you do fresh installs of the CM series or copy the folders over (not that that should matter, but let's cover the bases)? Did you check to make sure that you do have the latest drivers?

Thanks Andreas ~

in truth, i dont really know for sure. i bought the PC last friday.. and being fairly ignorant had a friend that builds PC's install the video drivers.

Altho its a nVidia card he said he installed Omega drivers (thats what he uses) -

how do i find out exactly what drivers i have? is that in device manager? (keep in mind i've been a win98 user for 5 years, and this is my 3d day with xp smile.gif

as to "fresh install" yes...

(also, if you prefer to email me direct, that would be great)

'Sarge'

I assume by "Andreas" you're referring to me ('cause he's the author of the sig I use).

The Omega drivers (http://www.omegadrivers.net/) are not the official nVidia drivers, which could be the cause of your problems. The driver version would be visible from the Device Manager, but also from whatever control panel the Omega drivers use.

In any case, I would suggest that the next step be uninstalling the Omega drivers and installing the official nVidia drivers.

I figure we might as well keep the discussion here, so that if others run into the same problems they'll see the questions & answers (hopefully!).

Cameroon..

(yes i thought you were 'andreas') thanks.

i've written to the omegadrivers site, describing the problem, and what i've been told here as a possible fix. i'm told sometimes new drivers come out within days (?) -

also, there are 2 nVidia 6600 cards. the xFx(256meg) and the GT(128) i went with the larger meg card, but now i'm told the GT is more for graphics.. do you have any feelings/info/take on this?

appreciate your help!

Hopefully a new release of the Omega drivers or getting the official nVidia drivers will clear up your white vehicles.

As for the FX v GT card... I don't know enough about the nVidia line to make any definitive statements. My feeling is that you won't really notice any performance differences unless the card is being pushed to its limits. You may want to find a review that compares the two, at least to know what to expect from your card.

well silly me..

Thanks for your patience and working with me Cameroon, but i am to blame for this one tongue.gif

i dont understand why, but at some point i had installed a BMP package. When i 'finally' checked my new BMP folder of 5600+ images to my old one of 6800+ i realised my error.

all is well~

again, thanks!

Sarge