AA gun covered arcs

I just have a question about the TacAI for these units: Will an AA gun engage an enemy aircraft that is outside of its assigned covered arc? For example, if an AA unit is covering to the north and an enemy aircraft approaches from the south, will it traverse and engage? Thanks, in advance.

They are useful for the AA work, too. If you have several cannons, use the Cover Arc to have them protect different approach vectors; better to have one gun engage quickly than all of them hitting too late.

Ferinstance, in one of the Kursk Pack scenarios, I had four AA pieces, so I set one arc each to cover north, east, south and west. (Hmmm...or did I just face them in those directions during set up...hmmm...memory is fading.)

I've never done any testing to see if you can predict the direction the plane will enter from based on friendly edge or direction of last pass.

[ March 07, 2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Brent Pollock ]

Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

I've never done any testing to see if you can predict the direction the plane will enter from based on friendly edge or direction of last pass.

You can't.

edited to add:

Maybe there is a higher chance for a certain direction, but 4 enemy planes had different entry vectors in one game. Their entry vector had a direct relation to hitting or getting hit.

Gruß

Joachim