Is CM:BB still worth it?

Originally posted by lcm1947:

If I had a dime for everytime in CMBO that I encounted a German HMG that was able to hold out againt overwhelming odds actually prevail or that wiped out units that again were overwhelming I'd be rich. Actually this is the one factor that I feel is so wrong or screwed up in the game I love so much it just pisses me off.

Some more grist to the mill on this one. I still think you are utterly, completely, and so totally wrong on this one, that your view of the issue is not even false. No offense.

Just reading John Ellis 'Cassino'. In the chapter on the horrific clusterf*ck that was the Rapido crossing, he quotes from the radio/phone logs of 34th Division, which at the time had 100th Battalion (the Nisei unit) attached to it. I quote, emphasis by me:

12.10 (34 Division to 133 Regiment) 'How is 100 Bn. doing?' 'They are plugging away yet. That MG on their flank is restricting their movement pretty much. They have tried for several hours to knock that gun out.

12.15 (133 Regiment to 100 Bn.)'What is the dope now Major?''Still held up.'

As most people will know, 100th Battalion developed into 442nd Regimental Combat Team, and by the end of the war was the highest-decorated unit in the US Army. So while they were new to combat on the day, I guess we can assume they were not held up for wont of trying.