How does camouflage effect on CM?

LOS in CM work great even smoke screen work great in game. One thing I wonder even camouflage work well as same as effect as smoke effect on sighting. I wonder how does CB soldier see different between whitewashed tank and unwhitewashed tanks in snow landscape in long distance? German soldiers have camouflaged uniforms however does it work in CB to make enemy soldiers difficult spot them in distance? I wonder if I try paint mod in clown outfit color and put in long distance to see if enemy will able see clown much easy than camouflaged soldier? LOL :Dtongue.gif

Camouflage effects on sighting are not modeled in CM. Neither are silouette against the sky effects on ridges.

There is some reduction in sighting chance for things like bunkers to reflect the ability for them to have been camouflaged, but AFAIK there isn't any general such effect. Prepared defenses with foxholes have similar sorts of effects since units can hide in the foxholes and be harder to spot than if they were not dug-in, but that is a second-order effect of having a better defensive position.

Oh...well I guess soldiers in CM only see not color or black/white as only see is "001001100011010" I learned that if two players play use different mod then only player see is his own mod but not other player. That's bummer! Is any other war game that use different mod in online? I only know one is IL2!

I wonder if CM-X2 will able use different MOD when play online that other players will see different instead of same old MOD?

Actually, I think most would prefer the 'see your own mods' system.

1. You picked them. Why should you have to look at your opponent's taste in mods. Maybe he's using those godawful ugly ASL mods or somefink.

2. Running the mods out of your hard drive seriously cuts down on the size of files. The PBEM file just carries a number for the point of the units, and they are sculpted on site. You want to send hundreds of bitmaps with every file?

3. Personal mods allow those with slower (or faster) processors to control the level of detail and graphics processing demand. No fun if your opponent's super hi res mods slow your play to a crawl. OTOH, why look at his clunky CMBO downsamples when you're running a tricked out machine.