*mod posted* German Unit Pics

Interesting concept; a couple minor corrections you may consider

a) the black shoulder boards for the Luftwaffe should be field blue; black boards with green (Jäger) piping or yellow (airborne) piping would have been unheard of in the Luftwaffe, as all their uniforms were blue (excepting troops in the black AFV uniform).

B) the correct piping for mechanized infantry in the Heer should be rose pink for early war, and grass-green (weisengrün) for mid and late war.

c) grey piping as shown on some SS shoulder straps in your mod was actually used, as far as I know, by concentration camp staff (in the Army it also signified Propaganda Troops after 1942/3 when they switched from the lemon yellow waffenfarbe of the Signals troops(Nachrichten)).

d) shoulder boards for the Heer enlisted men in infantry units should be dark bottle green (early war) or field grey (after 1940), not black as shown in your mod. I would also recommend using an enlisted man's pattern of collar patch, the ones you have for EM and NCOs looks like the officers patch. I would change the colour to grey, and put the mittelstreife in dark green (early) or field grey (mid and late), with litzenspiegel "lights" in either waffenfarbe, dark green or field grey, depending on taste and date.

Otherwise, nice concept, and shows the rank much clearer than the stock graphics.

[ January 02, 2004, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Schoerner:

You can get it here: www.cmmods.com

All I ever get when I try to sign on to the site is this message...

CMMods Registration - Error Message

We couldn't process your Notes.net registration because the name you

submitted, My Mother, is already in use or not allowed.

Doesn't matter what name I use. Is there a problem with the site?

Panther Commander