Explosions and tanks

I wanted to ask is ther a command line where as I can make it so all tanks would "brew up" instead of the occasional tank blowing up. I think I'm addicted to the graphics in CMBB and the way explosions are portrayed. After playing a scenario where the russians lost almost all of ther armor I wanted to see them actually explode and catch fire instead of the barrel drooping down after the crew bails. I know in real life most armor didn't explode and catch fire but then again this isn't real life, fortunately.

Wayne

Originally posted by Terrapin:

Besides, if everything brewed up, it would soon lose it's impact.

BTW, there is a mod that makes the explosions look bigger and more "fluid". The "Hollywood explosion" mod or whatever. I forget who did it. It's GREAT.

That would be Juju's great explosion mod at http://www.cmmods.com/

Originally posted by Wburn:

I know in real life most armor didn't explode and catch fire but then again this isn't real life, fortunately.

Yup, this isn't real life but it tries to simulate that. And, since IRL explosions didn't occur all that often, then they won't in CMBB either. Sure, it's sweet to get a fancy explosion, but them explosions would get a great deal less attractive if they were to happen all of the time !

I saw a video of a 2000 lb. bomb falling about 500 - 1000 yds. from the cameraman (in Afganistan) that was better than any "Hollywood" explosion I've ever seen. That will definitely get your attention. Even though there wasn't any hokey Hollywood fireball the explosion sent black dust into the air hundreds of feet. It was way bigger than any Hollywood bomb explosion I've ever seen. Makes you understand why they are lethal out to 300 yds. The guys that were interviewed were 300 yds. from the blast and they had their eardrums burst and several casualities.

[ December 31, 2002, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: StellarRat ]

Actually big explosions may have been fairly common if Tigers were involved. The Tiger's 88 was so good a blowing the turret off that German soldiers quickly began the saying that "The T-34 tips its hat whenever it meets a Tiger." Even so most tank kills weren't massive pyrotechnic displays, unless you were in a Ronson, I mean a Tommy cooker, err.. a Sherman.

There is a film of an Pershing taking out a Panther in Koln that shows a pretty typical view of a tank "brewing up." Flames shoot from the hatches but it is actually less spectacular than in CM.

I don't know if it is publicly availible but there is a film of the new Javlin missile taking out a T-80. The missile was in pop up mode and comes in through the top of the turret. There wasn't much left of the tank when the smoke cleared. :eek:

[ December 31, 2002, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Sgtgoody ]

I don't know if it is publicly availible but there is a film of the new Javlin missile taking out a T-80. The missile was in pop up mode and comes in through the top of the turret. There wasn't much left of the tank when the smoke cleared.

I have that clip. It was posted here sometime last year. Pretty impressive.

Originally posted by Ellros:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I don't know if it is publicly availible but there is a film of the new Javlin missile taking out a T-80. The missile was in pop up mode and comes in through the top of the turret. There wasn't much left of the tank when the smoke cleared.

I have that clip. It was posted here sometime last year. Pretty impressive.</font>