Accuracy of thrown AT weapons

I just did a Tank Hunter fun game where a platoon of tigers attacks six THs. I got 3 THs with RPG and 3 with molotovs. I put the molotov THs together at a road junction in woods, a good ambush spot. I figured 3-5 molotovs at once would take out a Tiger. But when a Tiger blundered right into the inter-connected Cover Armor arcs, they chucked only 3 molotovs in 1 minute, all of which missed. The Tiger then killed one and forced me to hide the others two.

When the Tigers reached the 3 RPG wielding THs, I killed 3 Tigers. They showed no reluctance to chuck and hit everything they tried for, including a moving, turning Tiger at 40m. The deflection was perfect (these are Veteran THs). One chucked from a crawl, which was funny, as 3 grenades zoom up in quick succession, so that when the first was halfway the last was just thrown. All three then hit a Tiger at 37m. The same TH then KO'd another with 2 grenades at 38m. I'm wondering; is it actually possible for an RPG to miss? I have never, in my entire CM experience, seen one do so. Also, when units go after tanks with grenades, they kill about 90% of the times that they hit. Why? And why do molotovs suck so much?

Have to concur on the effectiveness of RPGs. In a QB against the computer I took out a whole platoon of Mk VIs with 3 RPG armed Tank Hunter Squads. Aren't they basically a smallish shaped charge with a ribbon for stabilising? I suppose even if they have a similar warhead to a zook or schreck, a top deck hit is going to sting badly. I wonder what the troops who used them though of them?