Having Trouble

Hey all.

Its been awhile since I played CMBB.

I recently put a new power supply and video card into my system and reinstalled the game.

Now when I go to play the game freezes briefly and then goes again.Then freezes and then runs again etc etc on and on.Especially when fighting starts it freezes more than normal.

Nothing in my system has changed from when I ran it before except the above mentioned video card and power supply.

My system is as follows.

P4 1.8 GHZ

768 MB RAM

Ge-Force FX5700OC video card w/256 MB ram

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card

I am thinking it may just be I need to redo my system

Guest Sgt. Emren

Is it only this game, or other games?

Maybe you should try letting the game run its video card setup-thingie... delete the file which holds the settings in the game folder and start the game.

And of course, you have updated graphics drivers and the like - right? ;)

Yes I looked in the Tech Support area and there was 1 thread with the same problem but nothing in that thread helped.

I did the reinstall of video drivers,DirectX etc. to no avail.

Sgt.Emren..

This is the only game that it is doing this in.It was working fine until a few days ago and then suddenly it started the stuttering/freezing problem.All my other games run just fine.

I am completely lost as to the problem.I may end up just having to reinstall my OS as it has been awhile since the last time.

Guest Sgt. Emren

Well, if it worked fine after you replaced hardware, and only started doing this until a few days ago -- then I don't think it's due to the new hardware. Don't know, could it be spyware or a virus? Try scanning your comp with adaware or similar, and scan for viruses (vira?) as well.

If that doesn't solve it, I think an OS reinstall is a good idea. It never hurts anything (usually)!

Is your harddrive "thrashing" during those periods of stuttering or while playing the game? I just played a turn and noticed no harddrive activity once the game was loaded during the actual playing of the turn. If yours is accessing the drive like a madman, it would seem that for some reason your computer is needing virtual memory to make up for a lack in physical RAM - though you have a good amount of it, especially for the game. A highly fragmented harddrive perhaps, or a bad memory chip perhaps?

I think I may have found the culprit.

Redwolf seems to be closest to the problem.

I did do a reinstall of my drivers to no avail.

I ended up messing with the sounds in game though.

What I ended up doing was turning off the ambient sounds and just leaving the main sound effects like gunfire etc on...but no wind or bird chirping sounds.

After I did that the game stopped stuttering and freezing on me.