*MOD PREVIEW* At last... ...early Tiger I and early Panther A

Hi Guys,

At last, my first mods are on cmmods.com !

Tiger I, 1943, s.SS Pz Abt 102

EARLY_TIGER_I.JPG

Early Panther A with random camo... ...The scheme is a bit too blurred... ...I know :rolleyes:

TRICOLOR_PZVA_EARLY.JPG

Any suggestion/help is appreciated !

I've downloaded the Mr Noobie's "From scrath Tiger II"... ...let's see what i can do with this ;)

All the best !

Hi,

Can you tell me how you went about making the mods please. i would like to do some work on a better trench system for starters, and improved fighting positions if possible. Any help given would be much appreciated.

Bogdan,

you asked for suggestions, so here are mine.

With regard to the Tiger, it looks like you added your camo layer directly on top of the silver/bare metal background layer. As a result, the grey parts of the tank look like bare metal, at least to me.

I would suggest that you add an additional layer between your camo and background layers. Fill this layer with a blue/grey colour and set the layer blending to "overlay", "hard light" or "soft light". I usually go for "soft light", as it seems to produce a smoother and less grainy appearance. You may have to spend some time adjusting the fill colour before you get it right.

With regard to the Panther, the camo does look a bit too blurred. I would suggest that you apply a filter to the camo layer. Try either "sharpen", "sharpen more" or "unsharp mask".

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me saying all this.

Originally posted by Flesh:

Bogdan,

you asked for suggestions, so here are mine.

With regard to the Tiger, it looks like you added your camo layer directly on top of the silver/bare metal background layer. As a result, the grey parts of the tank look like bare metal, at least to me.

I would suggest that you add an additional layer between your camo and background layers. Fill this layer with a blue/grey colour and set the layer blending to "overlay", "hard light" or "soft light". I usually go for "soft light", as it seems to produce a smoother and less grainy appearance. You may have to spend some time adjusting the fill colour before you get it right.

Thank you Flesh.

I have put a intermediate layer between my background and my camo layers. Maybe this grey was too "shy"... :rolleyes: Anyway, I will try another camo with the early Tiger (grey with brown stripes) : this sort of scheme was in the heavy company of 2nd SS Pz Div, March 1943. This time, I hope, my camo will be better !

Best regards.