300 level Russian Training Scenarios

Originally posted by ComradeMcD:

Jason,

Short Answer: No, I'm not. My religous/spiritual beliefs underwent a pretty serious overhaul in the last year and a half. This has set some of my past political attitudes directly at odds with my current program (of the 12 step variety).

But, hey why don't you denounce that as well while you're at it. LOL! I think you've definately out-Stasi'd yourself bro. For someone who despises "commies" so much, you've certainly co-opted some of their absolute worst behavior.

There ya go. That's basically it. Look you guys can keep talking about this if you want. I've seen about all of the BF forums that I care to. Thanks much to Soddball for the recommendation. I intend to check CMAK out soon. Later.

JasonC isn't representative of the forums. Really, he isn't.

Honest.

Jeez! Don't you hate guys who turn up after 5 years to take the piss out of JC....!

Nah, only kidding. Lets have a little love and tranquility here. CMAk I prefer to CMBB as it has dust, bogging is not as ferocious, and there are more interesting toys to play with.

I too lament underpowered 76mm's in CMBB which is kind of crucial really. BTW JC is grumpy as he did not know what a V covered arc did :

Kanonier Reichmann

Member # 2155

- posted 19-09-2006 04:18 AM

The other potential mistake you made was setting a vehicle covered arc which may have meant that your tank wouldn't even fire if it had spotted an armoured car that was mis-identified as being little to no threat. Just hypothesising here but if this so called no-threat armoured car ends up being a Puma or a 75mm heavy A.C. then you're pretty much toast with a vehicle covered arc.

Regards

Jim R.

JasonC

Member # 5490

- Err, a vehicle covered arc will fire at anything with wheels. It just means ignore infantry.

Gpig

Member # 3731

- I beg to differ, Mr JasonC. I have experienced what Kanonier has sayeth. In other words, having my Armoured car set to ARMORED cover arc and then NOT shooting as an armored car rolled through it's arc.

Now, I've only experienced it once, and never actually tested it . . . so . . . I could be wrong. [smile] Helpful, no?

Andreas

Member # 1091

- Gpig and Kanonier are right AFAIK. This was done to avoid triggering vehicle covered arcs with gamey jeep rushes. All the best Andreas

Kanonier Reichmann

Member # 2155

My life is complete. Catching out JasonC on his favourite topic is a first (and no doubt last) for me!

Regards

Jim R.

Andreas

Member # 1091

-You can die happy now.

[Picks up a gun and shoots Reichmann.]

All the best

Andreas

I have trimmed it of surplus notation - but it is quite funny.