300 level Russian Training Scenarios

Has anyone else played these? I played the first one in the series (310) the other day and absolutely LOVED it!

It dealt with close quarters infantry fighting in northern USSR forest circa late 1941. I must say it was the most exciting, suspensful, not to mention gruesome CMBB scenario I've played in a while. I would highly recommend you guys download and play these. JasonC's designing talents in all their glory.

I wasn't saying anything remotely positive about you as an individual rest assured. Nor was I adressing anything to you. Nor was I following you around. I simply stated that you designed an enjoyable scenario. I don't think any amount of propaganda could make you not look like a complete ass.

Stalinist!?! Because I enjoy playing as the Soviets in CMBB? What are you basing this on?

I posted because I wanted to hear from others in this forum. If you don't have anything positive to say....feel free to piss off.

Do you think any amount of propaganda could make oh say Che Guevara not look like a complete ass?

You've been here all of a week. Your screen name is comrade and your email is guevara. You talk of irate hairy mongoloids and ask about the glorious achievements of the NKVD, and when I tell you they were military also rans suitable for beating up partisans or being general goons, give me "how dare you slander our gallant People's Commisariat of Internal Affairs". Then you strike attitudes and make demands of me, and when I ignore you and walk away, you start a new thread about one of my scenarios that features intense woods interior infantry fighting, meant to show the variety of Russian infantry types and their roles, and extol it for being as gruesome as possible.

So, me, I'm thinking commie.

Yep, talks like a commie, struts like a commie, writes like a commie, thinks like a commie.

Maybe over the course of the next 3 to 6 months you will show yourself to be an entirely enlightened unbiased grog only interested in military history, instead of the moral equivalent of a goosestepping nazi who just has a different set of murderous thugs he worships.

I'll be surprised.

Let's just say you haven't made the most fabulous possible first impression.

Your 310 scenario is both informative AND a lot of fun. I would say that those are the two chief ingredients that make CMBB (all of the CMX1 games for that matter) such a great game. I think "gruesome" in this case is an absolute essential. I serves to accurately convey the very nature of the fighting depicted (close quarters with lots of SMGs), not only in this one scenario but in the entirity of the eastern theatre. To ignore such a facet is to be historically (and morally) dishonest. Not implying that you are either. I'm just explainig where the remark was coming from.

I think we were all pretty cranky during this one. You might have to specify on that. :D

I really, really don't want this to turn into another 'who can piss on who the most and how often' thread. I just want to discuss aforementioned scenario. If you guys haven't played that one, perhaps you could recommend some you have played that you think I might get a kick out of.

Christ Jason, I've just read all ComradeMcD's posts and you come across as an arrogant nob. It was blatantly obvious that he was making a lighthearted jest about the NKVD.

ComradeMcD, Jason's just getting over being told to can it by the game designers. Jason was claiming that there was 'Nazi Fanboi overmodelling' of all German equipment against all Russian equipment, and was proved wrong. He doesn't like being shown up.

Sorry I can't answer your question about the scenarios, I play CM:AK now.

Soddball,

My response earlier in the thread was hardly the paridigm of maturity. I'll reiterate that this is NOT a pissing thread.

We're all here because we obviously enjoy the hell out of wargaming in general, and CM in particular. I hail from a small town in Oklahoma and the wargaming community here is....well there is no wargaming community here to speak of. People around here seem to have a severe attention deficit and find my interest in the genre incomprehensibly dry and boring. I started posting here in order to share my seemingly insane passion for (painfully accurate) wargames with other, likeminded individuals. If I wanted to hear baiting and politically motivated pogroms, my own immediate surroundings would be ample. Gotta love those red states.

This is not a political forum. This is a WARGAMING forum. If any of you are curious about my political views, let me know and we can discuss it in private like a couple of mature adults. I don't want to see any member of this forum (including Jason) insulted or demeaned in any way. We are all passionate and imaginative people. We should stick with discussing what fuels those passions and stimulates our collective intellects.

By the way, I haven't played CMAK yet. I'll admit I'm nowhere nearly as well versed in the North African/Southern European theater as I am with the Eastern Front or Northwestern Europe. How would you rate it in comparison with the other two games?

Thanks for your feedback.

Come on comrades. Can we not be good communists and end this squabble?

Let us all get back to what we love, CMBB, and play a scenario where the heroic NKVD defend an anonymous collective farm, under direction from Stalin himself, from a horde of marauding fascists, who possibly intend to convert the farm into a private plot.

Um....ok. Yep, you found me out pal. That last post was all an elaborate ruse in my evil commie plot to subvert your forum. If it wasn't for you meddling kids and your talking dog I would have succeeded. Curse you and your wholesome, freedom-loving market economy ways!

Cripes, I give up. Well, at least I gave it a shot. Have fun guys.

Originally posted by ComradeMcD:

Soddball,

By the way, I haven't played CMAK yet. I'll admit I'm nowhere nearly as well versed in the North African/Southern European theater as I am with the Eastern Front or Northwestern Europe. How would you rate it in comparison with the other two games?

Thanks for your feedback.

I prefer CM:AK. There are a few improvements to the gameplay over CM:BB, but mostly I just wasn't that excited by the Eastern Front. Hitler was a bastard, Stalin was a bastard.

The most fun I've had with CM:AK is either in the desert, or recreating CM:BO scenarios. I think that's where CM:AK excels - offering a range of improved gameplay features over CM:BO (such as covered arcs).

See? A commie. If he wasn't, he'd laugh and say so. Instead we get the "those red states" act, etc, along with an offer to privately discuss his political views - which are, guess what, commie. Not Stalin worshipping commie perhaps (there are more layered types of commie than circles of Dante's hell), but a commie. He could prove me wrong - but he won't.

And now back to your regularly scheduled watering contest.

Jason,

Short Answer: No, I'm not. My religous/spiritual beliefs underwent a pretty serious overhaul in the last year and a half. This has set some of my past political attitudes directly at odds with my current program (of the 12 step variety).

But, hey why don't you denounce that as well while you're at it. LOL! I think you've definately out-Stasi'd yourself bro. For someone who despises "commies" so much, you've certainly co-opted some of their absolute worst behavior.

There ya go. That's basically it. Look you guys can keep talking about this if you want. I've seen about all of the BF forums that I care to. Thanks much to Soddball for the recommendation. I intend to check CMAK out soon. Later.