Split large MOD Files?

I'm about done with a group of Soviet T-26's (m33, m35, m37, & m39). They share just enough .BMPs to make them all one MOD. This booger is going to come in at around 6 or 7 megs (yes, compressed). I'm pretty sure it's way preferable to have one big File to avoid confusion, at this size anyway, but I know large Files give non-broadband folks trouble. Curious what people thought was the 'breaking(up) point' at this stage of world-wide Internet Technology (since we are a world-wide Community, & ain't that a cool thing).

strt

The T-26E shares the same textures as the m39 & the OT-133, unfortunately. Once I get through all the T-26 variations (there are a lot of them, in three different Armies) I might do a Mod of it so folks have the option. I'm adding a OT-130(m37) & OT-133(m39) option to this Mod, but that's just cutting off the Gun Barrel (artfully, of course) so it looks like a Flamethrower.

strt

Perhaps you could break it down into two 3 or 4MB files, as well as posting the full 7MB one for those of us who are not bandwidth-challenged.

This is great news, BTW, as I was just installing your Finnish and Romanian T-26s and thinking, "these are great. I wish he'd do MORE T-26 mods!". smile.gif

Whew. I've looked over those T-26s and decided they were too much for me to tackle. You are definitely a braver man than I!

Another alternative would be supplying mods of individual vehicles to download one-by-one, and each time inluding the commons bmps for that vehicle. I don't know if downloading twelve one meg files is any better or worse than downloading one 10 meg file, though.

Originally posted by mchlstrt:

I'm about done with a group of Soviet T-26's (m33, m35, m37, & m39). They share just enough .BMPs to make them all one MOD. This booger is going to come in at around 6 or 7 megs (yes, compressed). I'm pretty sure it's way preferable to have one big File to avoid confusion, at this size anyway, but I know large Files give non-broadband folks trouble. Curious what people thought was the 'breaking(up) point' at this stage of world-wide Internet Technology (since we are a world-wide Community, & ain't that a cool thing).

If you plan on u/l'ing them to cmmods.com, I wouldn't worry too much about the size. The bandwidth is so scarce that it's doubtful you're going to get more than 6k-7k d/l speed, no matter what YOUR connection type is. There's plenty of 5+MB files being d/l'd already and no one has complained yet.