**MikeyD tackles the STURMTIGER (v1.01)**

This time all the files are included

-Sturmtiger, Yellow.

Get it here, on the CMBB side:

www.cmmods.com

As I said before:

The legendary Sturmtiger.

The fact that this monster is so rarely selected in the game speaks volumes about the absurdity of the design. It’s amusing that while the Tiger I’s 88mm gun had a caliber length of L/56 the Sturmtiger’s 15 inch (380mm) rocket gun was a laughably short L/5. Just try hitting anything at the gun’s max range of 5600m!

Sturmtigers were constructed on surplus Tiger I hulls. On some vehicles the Zimmerit had to be scraped off portions of the hull before the superstructure could be bolted in place (depicted in my mod). I tried to get the superstructure welds accurate. The design included steel pins inserted between the joints, locking the sections in place.

I rushed to upload my plain yellow vehicle (perhaps a bit too quickly) before the 4th of July holiday came. For you accuracy freaks I believe shots of the Sturmtiger used in Warsaw show a solid yellow vehicle. A proper late war camou version should soon follow, and I invite my fellow modders to try their hand.

And of course a small selection of markings is in a separate DECALS folder.

Screenshot:

Sturm_Y.jpg

[ June 30, 2006, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Oh, something that 90% of you know, but I thought I'd mention that the mods for Tiger Is shared by CMBB and CMAK are stored on the CMAK side of cmmods.com, in case anyone neglected to look. ...and the shared PzIVs ans shared PzIIIs and shared StuGs too!