A Knights Cross Winner

The 3rd in the HSG Knights Cross(KC) Series is now available at the Scenario Depot.

"During the night 31 December 1942, in the village of Novo Marjevka, the 25th Tank Corps of the 1st Guards Army tries to bypass German resistance with a night tank attack. The German defenders are lead by Major Franz Bake. He was commander of the 2nd Battalion, 11th Panzer Regiment of the 6th Panzer Division. Major Bake's command post was in the village of Novo Marjevka when the Soviet Tank Corps tried to breakthrough.

He assumed personal command of both the infantry, and armor elements, for the defense of the village.

It would be here, in this small Ukrainian village, that Major Dr. Franz Bake would earn the Knights Cross. He would be awarded the decoration on 11 January 1943."

This was a night battle. But to get the engagement ranges correct the scenario was made using dusk and heavy fog for the setting.

Once again the AI will attack you!!! I promise it will!! :D If you want to try your luck against the AI this series is making a name for itself having the AI making tough attacks.

For those that like to play humans, for the first time in the series, a H2H version has also been released. :cool:

So, if you think you have what it takes to win the Knights Cross, jump in your Panzer IV and head for Stalingrad. The Russians are waiting... :mad:

Good Hunting.

Thanks for your comments. I look forward to what you think of the first tank battle of the series. :D

Like all the KC series this battle is not for the faint of heart. Whether you are a veteran player or looking to become one this scenario should hold up well. As always the playtesters really liked this one. (If they don't really like the scenario you never get to see it.)

The combination of dusk and heavy fog results in an environment where engagement ranges are right around 70 meters. Anything can, and usually does, happen at those ranges. :eek:

Glad you like the series. There are more on the way.

Good Hunting.

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

It sounds like fun.

Thanks

FUN?

FUN?

You think defending a village in the middle of the night, in a dense fog, against 3 months worth of Soviet production of T-34's, with some old beat up PzIV's is FUN? :mad:

If you do, then you'll like this scenario... :D

Don't forget the other HSG KC scenarios while you are there. :cool:

Good Hunting.

Originally posted by DeaconBlue:

Yeah, it's fun, I played it. Some parts are right intense. Some of the "green" infantry let me down though. Good thing I wasn't relying on them.

The "green" infantry are rear area support troops that found themselves in the middle of a tank fight. If you put them hiding with covered arcs :D they'll do okay. If you move them around the Russians will eat them up and spit them out. :eek:

Glad you liked it. Does this mean that I can expect a review, or not as the case may be... :confused: